Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use motul 300

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Just straight 3.8qt Motul 300 in the tranny, how about diff? I'm starting to get the 3rd to 4th grind when I'm getting on it and people have done Andrewtech Cocktail and it's helped or made it go away completely

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't use the cocktail.. different oils don't mix together properly.

I've been using Amsoil in the diff and tranny for a while now with good results. I would expect Motul to be just as good.
Which Amsoil exactly? And Amsoil is definitely more common and easier to find at the local parts store I can't find motul 300 or redline anywhere in Rhode Island

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
Just straight 3.8qt Motul 300 in the tranny, how about diff? I'm starting to get the 3rd to 4th grind when I'm getting on it and people have done Andrewtech Cocktail and it's helped or made it go away completely
Subaru if I recall. The diff oil is 85w90 and the transmission is 75w90

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,792 Posts
You can also check any number of site vendors and they can get you want you want in a few days as well.

· Super Moderator
31,047 Posts
I'm an Andrewtech cocktail user. 2 quarts Red Line Synthetic Shockproof / ~1.6 quarts Red Line 75-90W NS

Has served me well for years.

· Premium Member
11,374 Posts
I'm an Andrewtech cocktail user. 2 quarts Red Line Synthetic Shockproof / ~1.6 quarts Red Line 75-90W NS

Has served me well for years.

This is actually what I ran from 03 to 08 and I had no complaints. Then I tried the Subaru synthetic, which caused my gears to grind quick shifts (seemed to me like it was too slick for the synchros). After about six months with the Subaru gear oil I replaced it with Amsoil and I can't really tell a difference between that and the Redline mix. Both seem better than the gear oil that originally came in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.