Subaru WRX Forum banner

Is this a good alternative to the STi on fog covers?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I like it much better than the STi stencil, but Im one of those people who will never put an sti symbol on my car because I dont have an sti. So Im a little biased

Alex

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
afpdl said:
I like it much better than the STi stencil, but Im one of those people who will never put an sti symbol on my car because I dont have an sti. So Im a little biased

Alex
That is exactly why I didn't use the STi logo! I like the look but I don't have an STi either! ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
HiFiWRX said:
That is exactly why I didn't use the STi logo! I like the look but I don't have an STi either! ;)
Now if I did a complete sti engine and drivetrain swap, maybe just maybe I would throw on an sti emblem.....naww still wouldnt.

Alex

·
Registered
442 Posts
2003WRX said:
Looks great! I dont have an STi either, but I do have an STi CF wing, STi V2 lip, STi hood scoop, and STi projectors... :p lol
Which we all know makes it almost as fast as a real STi! ;)

Where can I get that stencil? Or how to I properly print it out to use as a stencil?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I like 'em.

I too agree, if the car is not Sti, then I wouldn't badge it w/ Sti logo.

When the Sti wasn't available in the US, I was more ok with the Sti badge for Sti specific parts, but now that it's here, I don't ever plan on putting an Sti badge anywhere on my car. That's just how I see it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Ok I can have the stencils made for $5 EA and can mail them out to you, let me know by MONDAY morning if your interested!

[email protected]

If you jusr want the graphic I can send that to you too but it is "pixelated" because it is converted from Autocad (.dwg) to .jpg and it doesn't retain the crisp straight lines...

I can also Mail a printed copy that you can take to any vinyl decal maker and they can make them for you (prices I found were between $5.00 and $10.00

However you want it all I ask is for whatever it cost me, no profit.

:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks sweet. I was actually thinking of doing the same thing when i order mine so i would be different, but you beat me to it :cool:

·
Registered
470 Posts
HiFi,

Can you post a picture of those on your car so we can all see how they look?

Alsoa friend and I may be interested in a set of that stencil are you still shipping htem out?

Chuck.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
MustGoFast said:
HiFi,

Can you post a picture of those on your car so we can all see how they look?

Alsoa friend and I may be interested in a set of that stencil are you still shipping htem out?

Chuck.
I will post a pic tomorrow if I can, I can still get them made if you are interested. they are $17.00 via paypal and mailed priority that price is for two stencils mailed to your door (in the continental US) Email me if your outside the "lower 48".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can't wait to see the picture. I just got my WRX and just ordered my foglamp covers and I think your stencil would really look killer on my car (I've got a Black one) cuz i'm sure it looks cool as hell on yours. The covers alone look awesome. :cool: Anyways, like I said, I can't wait to see the picture.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here you go... The lighting wasn't the best...

You could use white paint instead of Silver to make it stand out more, I wanted something subtle and I LOVE the way they look in person!!

Keep in mind, it's kind of difficult to get a good pic with a flash though cause of the reflection off the fog light... Anyway you couldn't wait so here you go! ;)

I promise I'll post some better pics on www.hifiwrx.com (when I get it going lol)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts