Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I run 0w30 series 2000. I couldn't be happier. I run their filters as well (air and oil). I recommend all of their lubrication products.

You all know what dino oil with a standard filter looks like at 3000 miles.....well I couldn't tell my amsoil at 3000 miles from new stock! I am a dealer myself, but I don't sell any...I just buy a lot :p

I think this is a smart move for TB Racing. Wish them the best with it :)

VV

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
a buddy of mine bought that for his rx7 he's working on. He said it was supposed to be great. it was like 5.99 a quart or something though

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well that price is a little high, however AMSOIL is provifing a premium product that requires a premium price. If you want cheap oil, then buiy cheap oil. If you want stuff that looks the same when its comming out as it did when it went in then AMSOIL is for you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you guys want me to work up some package deals for some better pricing, let me know what you would like to get.

I'm thinking maybe a case of oil, a filter and an air filter or something????

By the way, AMSOIL has reusable HIGH FLOW air filters comparable to the other brands we all know of, and they are a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
TB RACING said:
Well that price is a little high, however AMSOIL is provifing a premium product that requires a premium price. If you want cheap oil, then buiy cheap oil. If you want stuff that looks the same when its comming out as it did when it went in then AMSOIL is for you.
i had never heard of it up till last night, not saying thats good or bad. It's twice the price of Mobil 1 synthetic and i don't think it's twice as good..but i'll know for sure once my buddies rx7 drives around...once some of you use it could you let me know as to how it is...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not to be rude, but if you've never heard of AMSOIL (till last night), then I wouldn't be making any generalizations in relation to Mobil 1. Amsoil is the originator of synthetic oil. If you pay retail, it is well above $6/quart...that is almost dealer pricing. Retail is $8.25/quart for series 2000.

I use their two stage drop in filter as well, TB. The increased sound alone tells me how much more air is flowing :D

VV

SpeedRacerWRX02 said:
i had never heard of it up till last night, not saying thats good or bad. It's twice the price of Mobil 1 synthetic and i don't think it's twice as good..but i'll know for sure once my buddies rx7 drives around...once some of you use it could you let me know as to how it is...

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
VetteVert said:
Not to be rude, but if you've never heard of AMSOIL (till last night), then I wouldn't be making any generalizations in relation to Mobil 1. Amsoil is the originator of synthetic oil. If you pay retail, it is well above $6/quart...that is almost dealer pricing. Retail is $8.25/quart for series 2000.

I use their two stage drop in filter as well, TB. The increased sound alone tells me how much more air is flowing :D

VV

i honestly never have...a buddy works for a dealership so he get's things for us cheap, so i don't know about the prices. I've always used mobil 1 with my old camaro and mustang. On those forums it was all pretty much valvoline, mobil 1, castrol, stuff like that. So until a few nights ago i never heard of it and now there is a post about it here...hopefully it works good for you guys then you can tell me and i'll start.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've only used amsoil with their filters. So I'm not sure if it is all oil, all filter, or both (what I believe) that makes it work so well. I've run mobil1 in my Vette since it's inception (came from the factory with mobil1). After 2000 miles it looks like used motor oil. After 2000 miles in the WRX with amsoil series2k + amsoil filter the oil looks exactly like it did the day it went in. I won't tell you how many miles I have on the current oil (it would freak you out), and it still looks virtually new. I have a case of s2k and filter ready for the Vette for it's next change....

Also, if you use mobil1 (or any other synthetic) I recommend you use a high quality filter (if not amsoil, then mobil1 or hastings). You will pay a $4-5 premium, but it is worth it.

VV

SpeedRacerWRX02 said:

i honestly never have...a buddy works for a dealership so he get's things for us cheap, so i don't know about the prices. I've always used mobil 1 with my old camaro and mustang. On those forums it was all pretty much valvoline, mobil 1, castrol, stuff like that. So until a few nights ago i never heard of it and now there is a post about it here...hopefully it works good for you guys then you can tell me and i'll start.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
VetteVert said:

VV

I see you are familiar with the product. If you are interested in getting it MUCH cheaper let me know. 8.25 a quart is WAY too high.

I retail it 3 dollars less than that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You retail Series 2000 at 5.25? I am a dealer and I don't get it quite that cheap (close). Wholesale pricing? I was just saying what "retail" from amsoil themselves is.

VV

TB RACING said:

I see you are familiar with the product. If you are interested in getting it MUCH cheaper let me know. 8.25 a quart is WAY too high.

I retail it 3 dollars less than that.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts