ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
Ditto. Final Impedance, and power output is key. Not the number of VC's or woofers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a Rockford Fosgate 1000 BD mono amp and two 15 inch JL Audio W6 subs.

Do you reckon that amp will handle these subs.

Thanks,

John :wiggles:

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
what impedance are the subs. I've got to tell you though that it doesn't look like that amp will push both. If you need another one, let me know. I'm a Rockford Dealer.

Box design is also important, as you can compensate for lack of power when building the box.

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
Also, check your woofer again, as JL does not make a 15" W6. I am also unable to recall them ever making one in the past 6 years. You probably have a W3, or a 13" W6V2.

I'm also a JL dealer, and factory authorized for pretty much every brand there is. The only exceptions are Alpine, "DAMN YOU 'AL AND ED's' !!! WHY WON'T YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS", and Sony, but no one wants that anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The speakers are dual 6 ohm, 400 watt continuous. They are 15" W6's but I have had them for about 6 years (but they still kick ass!) The box is ported and is at it's optimum size - it's 2.25 cubic feet for each sub (and almost totally fills the boot).

I'm just looking to upgrade my amp and had seen that Rockford and wondered if it would be any good for my subs. Thanks for the offer of getting a new amp for me, but since I'm in Scotland, it could be a bit of a problem getting it!!!

Thanks,

John :cool:

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
The US Postal service can do wonders. PM me and I'll give you a deal you can't say no to.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
JL did make a 15w6, but has long been discontinued. Pretty good sub...

With those speakers you're either gonna be presenting a 6ohm (parallel & series wiring) or 1.5 ohm (parallel wiring) load to the amp. I would suggesting find an amp that can put out at least 800 watts whichever way you decide to go. You could wire them parallel and use a JL 1000/1 which is stable to 1.5 ohms and will out out a reliable and clean 1000watts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts