ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my WRX for a week, but something is bothering me...

Does anyone have a problem with the volume knob on the stock radio? I can't get used to the limited range of volume, how it's not "infinitely" adjustable. I have never had a radio where you have to choose between two levels of sound, and honestly, I've found that I want something in-between these levels nearly constantly.

Otherwise, great car, 650 miles of break-in left, then WATCH OUT!!

Max

P.S. Has anyone had a problem with scored brake rotors? Going to check mine after reading a post in a WebTV discussion board, where it seems common knowledge that there is a possible factory-linked problem. Thought I would ask.

·
Registered
255 Posts
what do you mean by two levels of sound. i think there are about 25 levels of sound never turned the knob that high but i have had the volume up to about 19.

there is no such thing as an infintely adjustable volume on any stereo.

sorry im a little confused. im probably just reading something wrong.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
well

most stereos are infinitely adjustable persay, becasue they are just a basic resistor circuit, and as more material is applied, more volume comes out. the numbers are just a reference point centered at zero so that you don't get lost in the volume, and have some hard foothold on where you are. in reality, putting the volume on 15, ten times in a row will proabably not be the exact same resistance (and therefore volume) it will be really close though.

is that what you mean?

run a search for the brake rotors. we discussed this at length, and basically concluded that it is completely normal. ther eis a poll on that thread too, so you can see where a lot of people stand on the issue. good luck.

dR

ps i like the stereo, and the volume controls.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't really like the turning knob thing that is used for Tune/Track... Going to next track is fairly easy but I sometimes have trouble going back to previous track..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dark rex

You hit the nail on the head. I was having a hard time formulating how to explain what I was trying to convey. I just wish that the volume control wasn't so limiting, if you will. It's like sometimes 6 is too quiet, and 7 is too loud. Maybe I'm just getting old beyond my years (26), but if this is the biggest problem I have with my rex, I should consider myself fortunate...

By the way, my rotors checked out a-o-k.:) And I'm happy to report that my first fill-up yeilded 23 miles per gallon, right about where I expected. Does that sound about average?

Max

·
Registered
29 Posts
scored rotors

Both of my front rotors are scored. It developed during my first 1,000 miles. Just had car in for 3K oil change and dealer said the only option is to turn the rotors. My reply was "You've got to be crazy"!

I must have missed previous discussions. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
147 Posts
23 miles/gallon sounds normal for break-in. You will probably win some kind of award for self-control if you get the same miles/gallon after your break-in. :D

·
Registered
820 Posts
I don't think you are being picky, as I have the same problem. The resolution on the volume knob is too coarse. 6 is too low, while 7 is too loud (purely for reference). But it seems to be a digital pickup, so there is nothing you can do....

VV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts