ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sometimes' when i'm putting my shifter into gear it clicks in, twice, my foot is always on the clutch, I think im grinding the shift guide because, I know if i grinded gears i would hear a loud crunch noise.

My only tranny mods are KartBoy Short throw shifter, bushings' go in this weekend.

If you are needed of more specification please, say so.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
mine makes a click noise but its not the gears its like the shifter itself moving into place. but the noise im talking about is normal and not griding the gears. If you feel it kicking you out or anything and the noise then your most likely grinding if its just a noise and no griding feeling its most likely the first thing i mentioned.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WRXTwiztid said:
mine makes a click noise but its not the gears its like the shifter itself moving into place. but the noise im talking about is normal and not griding the gears. If you feel it kicking you out or anything and the noise then your most likely grinding if its just a noise and no griding feeling its most likely the first thing i mentioned.
So if it kicks back at me, i am grinding? allright got it, appreciate it bro.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
WRXout said:
So if it kicks back at me, i am grinding? allright got it, appreciate it bro.
Yup, a clicking feeling is normal. If it tries to kick out or you feel a grinding, your timing may be a little off.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trainrex said:
Yup, a clicking feeling is normal. If it tries to kick out or you feel a grinding, your timing may be a little off.
is it to fast or to slow?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trainrex said:
If that's happening you are probably moving the shifter to slow, and letting the clutch pedal out to fast.
yes, EXACTLY! DAMN ME!, i notice that sometimes i fixed it and i got the habbit of letting the clutch out to fast when starting out in first, but smoothly

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
WRXout said:
yes, EXACTLY! DAMN ME!, i notice that sometimes i fixed it and i got the habbit of letting the clutch out to fast when starting out in first, but smoothly
It just takes some time to get used to.

P.S. Thank you for making your thread legible, it makes it easier to talk to you :)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trainrex said:
It just takes some time to get used to.

P.S. Thank you for making your thread legible, it makes it easier to talk to you :)
I'm back in school, i am able to write better. I was out of school for 2 years, what can you expect?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trainrex said:
I'm just razzing you a little, I mean no harm :wiggles:
None taken, i understand, hehehe. Fahd's getting a 44mm wastegate on his wrx, is it to big for the vf30? sorry another question i must ask.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts