ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't go to bed last night, I was up late with a friend having a long talk, and I decided it was pointless to sleep.......so I tapped it..........or at least thats where you were hoping this story went. I mean if it did, I could only see it being relevant to "cockpit and cabin" if they were the location :baaa:

Blah blah, ya so I decided to finish the rear end of my car with Raammat and ensolite. I started at 7am and finished at 5pm. I spent a good two hours just trying to remember where all the pieces belonged.....and of course I had leftovers :rotfl:

I still have a little bit to do in the trunk, and cover the trunk in closed cell foam also. Then this week I plan to pull the front seats etc out and do the floor, then doors.

I got everything back in and took it for a spin, it was much much quieter in the rear of the car. Of course the front still hasn't been done, neither have the doors, and the headliner is not in.......so those things are making some road noise, but the rear is a lot quieter, I mean I only went slightly crazy with the stuff. All I know is, with the walbro fuel pump, I cant even here it prepping on startup.

You can also see I had some alpine speakers put into the rear deck. I still need to hook them up though. Im just gonna wait till I pick up the new headunit, sub and amp, then do it. I also have to make cutouts in the rear deck cover for the speakers. Should be nice when it's done, 9 speakers in the car haha.

Def a worthwhile mod IMO, so what if I gain an extra 70-100lbs, I'll just add more power :D

Here are some pics to show my insanity.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SERacing said:
How do you change the fuel pump, cut open the matting? :confused1
Im already running a Walbro pump, so need to swap it. But ya, if I needed to, I could just tear it off, would be a PITA but oh well. Thats why I made sure to change it before hand.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
DEADPOOL said:
so what if I gain an extra 70-100lbs, I'll just add more power :D
:rotfl: Yes that might work on the straights, but not in the corners ;)
But so what we all have diffrent goals for our cars.. If keeping the car silent is important, than go for it :) As loong as you don't stay stock it's ok by me :cool:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roffa said:
:rotfl: Yes that might work on the straights, but not in the corners ;)
But so what we all have diffrent goals for our cars.. If keeping the car silent is important, than go for it :) As loong as you don't stay stock it's ok by me :cool:
It's like having a small kid for a co-driver heh. Right now im prolly around 290whp based on my trap speed, gotta throw it on the dyno soon. Im gonna push it to around 400whp and leave it there.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
considering the weight is going to be distributed pretty much equally throughout the cabin I doubt it will make too much of a difference.

I plan on doing this when I get my car back, road noise is starting to get to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts