ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chargespeed Air duct elbow. I feel like I could buy a black market human elbow for less money. I would buy this product but it is so RIDICULOUSLY overpriced I won’t. Are there any reasonably priced alternatives to this. I’m not spending $350 for a plastic elbow. That’s more than a whole intake kit.... (seriously... WTF Chargespeed?)

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. It’s just an air intake duct. Mounts to the front bumper and hangs there. $350 for a plastic elbow. Come on... I’d pay $50/60 bucks.... but $350 is just plain rude.
Am I missing something here?

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
Seems fair if you are the only man in town. Also seems like a complex mold for a small company to own. Probably cost a fortune to have it made.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't imagine why you need one. If there is a factory unit it's more than capable. If there isn't, then that part only creates restrictive airflow
I guess I’m looking for excuses to spend money. 😏 When I was driving 1980ish Volvo’s I used to run an air intakes system that ran down into the front of the grill. Seemed like a good idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Æternum
20,438 Posts
What is the purpose of this?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should just catch and for more fresh air and funnel it more into the air box. I’m sure the benefits are nominal but I think the mod itself is worth it. Just not at $350.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
It's not worth it at all. As in it won't offer any benefit as the front scoop already draws in cool air. That's why it runs to the grille

·
Æternum
20,438 Posts
I doubt it provides any value besides "Being Chargespeed" which pleases the JDM Fanbois and Weebs

Reactions: Bluto Blumpkin

·
2,574 Posts
There used to be an aftermarket elbow that replaced the milk jug in the early WRX. The intake on the grille went directly into the airbox instead of down into the fender, swirled around for a while, and then into the airbox. First ones were handmade, and cost was something around $70. Worked netter than CAI, because the air came in from outside instead of under the hood.

·
Æternum
20,438 Posts
There used to be an aftermarket elbow that replaced the milk jug in the early WRX. The intake on the grille went directly into the airbox instead of down into the fender, swirled around for a while, and then into the airbox. First ones were handmade, and cost was something around $70. Worked netter than CAI, because the air came in from outside instead of under the hood.
If you retain the front intake scoop, the air charge shouldn't come from under the hood at all...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts