Subaru WRX Forum banner

Alta Performance

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  madmanx 
#1 ·
I ordered my Momo air race leather/ aluminum shift knob over 3 weeks ago from this site- they do not answer my e-mails and as far as I know, have not shipped my order- next step is the Better Business Bureau, for all the good it'll do me.

#2 ·
We Failed!

Hello,

Hopefully this will get to you JediMaster!

Both myself and my staff have not heard from you via the telephone and find it odd that this would be where you would air your problems with our firm. I have personally mailed you three times in the past 24hrs attempting to get through to you. On behalf of my staff and myself I apologize for the order being mishandled. I gave you several options in previous e-mail as to what to do now. We in no way form or fashion would ever attempt to extort money from a customer or fail to send them the part.

Additionally in our defense I would like to mention that our staff did attempt to contact you via telephone on the 28th to inform you of the backorder status of the knob. We have not heard back from you until this forum today!

Please contact me personally if I can in any way help further.

Adam
ALTA Performance

#3 ·
To anyone reading this, I would like to say that I am convinced that Adam of Alta Performance has made every effort to contact me as of Tuesday, August 13. He has given me several options on my order and even overextended himself by offering no charge 3 day shipping on my order. In addition, Adam's reasons for the delay in shipment as well as the reasons for not contacting me are acceptable to me. Anyone thinking of doing business with ALTA, please PM me and I will be glad to give any details.

Jim

Also, to the webmaster of ClubWRX.net- please let it be known that I did not intend to use the forum as my personal complaint center, only to give a fair review, as I do review all the companies I order from. I'm also not sure that ALTA is an official ClubWRX.net vendor- if they are not, then I apologize for wasting both BW and hard drive space- please feel free to delete this thread if you feel it to be prudent.

Jim

#4 ·
It's all good. I'm glad that you managed to get the matter resolved amicably, as it seems to have just been a general misunderstanding.

I think the manner in which this thread has been conducted with Alta's response and your followup, reflects positively upon both yourself, and upon Alta Performance as a vendor.

I will leave the thread open because others will undoubtedly wish to leave feedback on this vendor at some time.

For the benefit of everyone reading this, I would like to reiterate what Tim has already stated in the forum guidelines:

1. Before you post anything in this forum, especially negative feedbacks, please contact the company and attempt to resolve any problems you might have so it will be fair for the vendors.
-Pace

#5 ·
Excellent display of miscommunication turned into good practices by both the vendor and the purchaser. I had previously not heard of Alta Performance but after the understanding and effortful response, I am going to check them out!

Thanks for the review and thanks for being objective!

#7 ·
I was sure there was a misunderstanding because I have nothing but praise for this vendor. I front swaybar links from Alta and if I remember correctly, it was shipped on the same day. I called to place my order and Adam was very pleasant and knowlegable about his products.

#8 ·
Yeah, Adam explained to me that the internet ordering (which I did) was still in it's infancy- Alta in now cool with me.

#10 ·
Thank You, Thank You!

Hello,

Just a quick note to thank all of you for coming to our defense. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and great product knowledge. As we all know you can't please everyone all the time but that is certainly our goal. It is nice to know that we are at least somewhat succeeding in that regard. Again thanks.

#11 ·
AltaSport has been absolutely superb with their customer service for me. I have been very impressed with Adam, Jeff and anyone esle I have talked to or gotten an email response from. I have purchased many items from them and every time have had nothing but excellent, friendly, communicative service from them. I can highly recommend them and I will personally continue to use them for my WRX purchases whenever possible.

Dan Sonder
( Twinz )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.