Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience installing one of these KTP 445u? I bought one off a guy parting out his 2015 wrx and it already has the wiring harness all hooked up but when I plugged it up I'm getting constant feed back through the speakers even if the HU is turned off. He's got the ground and power with the inline fuse coming off the amp harness spliced into the ground and power that are apart of the jumper harness (the one made to not have to cut any wires) , do the power and ground coming off the amp need to be hooked directly to the battery? Tried messing with the switches on different settings. Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Def a ground issue since the amp would feed power from the acc line on the harness.

I would check to make sure that the ground is the proper ground pin on your harness. Do you also have a VA WRX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would be very careful using pre-wired harness especially if the car is different. The last thing you want is to blow something up... if you have an older car I would def disconnect and ensure the wiring order is correct. The harness on my 17 is different from the 15... just an FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have a 2016, ground pins are in the right spot. Can I like splice in another ground and connect it to somewhere on the frame or does it not work like that haha, idk anything about radios

1 - 4 of 4 Posts