ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just fitted an alpine headunit into my 1994 WRX, however when i turn the volume up to around 20 the headunit starts to flicker, and if turned up higher it even switches off completly then comes back on, i havent got any amp/sub intalled just vibe 6 x 9s.

does any 1 have ne ideas as wot this cud be??
i woz thinking some sort of power supply problem, as the headunit runs fine in my other car, but just cant work out what it could be???
Any ideas appreciated.. thanks :)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have just fitted an alpine headunit into my 1994 WRX, however when i turn the volume up to around 20 the headunit starts to flicker, and if turned up higher it even switches off completly then comes back on, i havent got any amp/sub intalled just vibe 6 x 9s.

does any 1 have ne ideas as wot this cud be??
i woz thinking some sort of power supply problem, as the headunit runs fine in my other car, but just cant work out what it could be???
Any ideas appreciated.. thanks :)

Thanks in advance
i would check the ground. Usually its that when it flickers. Where you able to just buy a harness and click it together or did it have to be hard wired(each wire connected by solder or crimp connection)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE - Headunit Flcikering

Hi, thanks for your reply, yep the headunit is old and its plugs have been cut off so no harness plugs, so I had to hard wire it myself, im going to check the ground wire as im hoping this is the problem, might just be loose or something :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts