ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been kinda worried bout having a automatic, here is why

my cousin she has a volkswagon and her auto tranny went out after 2 to 3 years.......

my middle brother has a rubicon 2004 and he goes rock climbing and stuff every weekend and 2 month of having his car he just had a tranny failure.....

im kinda worried now, i have a tranny cooler but will the tranny hold the power? as long as im not launching

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Just don't abuse yr car, I have an auto and no problems yet (except for the radio going out, which the dealer replaced).

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I think a sure fire tranny killer is the launches. That is 2 to 3 times worse than anything else. But the tranny is a highly abused part regardless. Its going to fail at some point. How fast......well thats up to you.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhh nowi regret getting an auto, i like standards i can go fast from a roll and not have to worry bout anything, except shifting to hard or sumping the clutch..........what usually fails is my question? is it the little clutches and stuff? or the TC?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I asked my dad, mom and uncle about their most recent vehicles, and only 1 had a transmission problem.

'89 626- 315,000 miles, no tranny problems

'91 protege 150,000 miles- transmission failure (not bad for a 9 grand econo box)

'99 durango 160,000 miles, tranny as good as new.

'97 Ford Ecoline Van- V10 350,000 miles, tranny runs like a champ.

What I am trying to say bro, is that the automatic transmission for most vehicles should last for the life of the vehicle, you just have to make sure not to tax it too much with power upgrades, or brake torque the heck out of it.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
true i dont power brake at all anymore, cause im scared for the tranny, havent done it in 3 month.......i just like to floor it sometimes

took my car last week for valve cover leak, leaking again so i took it today, the problems i seem to have is that smae part of the engine.........i get all my things warrantied cause my dealership is cool, but its starting to get old....

this is actully the third time today, and out of this year maybe i will declare my car as a lemon? hmmm

·
Registered
164 Posts
well if you would of got the 5MT wrx, you'll probably experience tranny failure by now. almost everyone i know who has the manual, has problems. just look at the bright side, i haven't seen anyone here in this forum who has tranny problem with the auto wrx yet, at least i haven't. have you?

·
Registered
423 Posts
demonicr said:
well if you would of got the 5MT wrx, you'll probably experience tranny failure by now. almost everyone i know who has the manual, has problems. just look at the bright side, i haven't seen anyone here in this forum who has tranny problem with the auto wrx yet, at least i haven't. have you?
yeah..me:)

i've had tons of problems:(

·
Registered
423 Posts
demonicr said:
yeah..me:)

i've had tons of problems:(

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and eatwrx i believe it was just changed out his tranny, my brother has had his 2002 5mt wrx with 60,000 miles and no tranny troubles yet......he gets on it a lot too, youc can hear his synchroze whine though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts