Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, and gals? Just throwing up some pics of the new Subi.

2017 WRX Premium Package:
Harman Audio, 7" DIN
STi Short throw shifter
All other premium perks
OEM Vortex generator
Painted Calipers
20% tint all around
Front license plate delete (not pictured)
Limited front v-lip
K&N filter in OEM intake.

20170824_135456.jpg
20170824_153134.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Welcome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Car looks good, welcome, also just food for thought, if you're not tuned for the drop in filter (yes, even a drop in filter) you could be harming your engine. The stock paper filter is much better at filtering out particles as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car looks good, welcome, also just food for thought, if you're not tuned for the drop in filter (yes, even a drop in filter) you could be harming your engine. The stock paper filter is much better at filtering out particles as well.
I would be lying if I said I was aware of this. After reading this post, I looked around on NAOSIC and here as well. I'm pissed at myself for not knowing this, I've always gotten slightly better fuel economy (AVG is 24.3 right now), and obviously you can use these filters forever with the recharge kits-so I am disappointed that such a small change could potentially effect the MAFS, and mess with the engine. I've only put about 1k miles with the filter in, so I will drop the Subi filter back in today. Hopefully I did zero damage. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks good! I see the Hine plate... are you down near SD too?
came to post this hahah. see those everywhere.

am kinda mad I didn't know until today the dealer could paint the calipers...i likely would have tried to get that lumped into my purchase had I known. Looks great man! welcome to the club

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
came to post this hahah. see those everywhere.

am kinda mad I didn't know until today the dealer could paint the calipers...i likely would have tried to get that lumped into my purchase had I known. Looks great man! welcome to the club
Thanks all for the comments and welcome. Just to clear something up, the dealer doesn't paint calipers (that I know of). It's done through a third party, and mine was recommended. But if you want your calipers done right, and you're in or near the SD, Riverside county area, these guys WheelRepairXpress (Ahem, W.R.X.) did mine, and they do amazing work! Their prices are very reasonable. Hope that helps anyone who is looking for some quality caliper paint.

Lots of cool cars on here, glad to be a part of the community!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice looking car, I have the same car EXCEPT mine is in the shop getting some hail damage fixed. Hopefully back this week, I miss old Rexy.

Which lip did you put on? OEM? I was planning to do the tint and maybe the front lip when we had the massive hailstorm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Nice looking car, I have the same car EXCEPT mine is in the shop getting some hail damage fixed. Hopefully back this week, I miss old Rexy.

Which lip did you put on? OEM? I was planning to do the tint and maybe the front lip when we had the massive hailstorm.
Thanks! The lip I got was, "15-17 Subaru WRX STI OE Style V-Limited Front Bumper Lip CF Look ABS" I just liked that it matched the OEM CF Trims.

On a side note! I ordered a ton of small stuff for the car today.
-Black center caps with red Subaru logo (stars & oval) for wheels.
-Red WRX Vinyl stickers for fender logo.
-Piano black steering wheel inlay w/red WRX logo.
-SubiSpeed Piano black shift console w/red WRX logo.
-17' STi OEM Red Shift Knob.
-SubiSpeed Tailight blackout (Light Smoke).
-STi OEM reverse lockout. (That thing was damn hard to find)

Excited to get all that stuff. Once I have it all, I'll post up some new pics before and after!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, so had a frustrating event take place today. I was contacted by the guy who I ordered the sti reverse lockout from and he informed he had sold it locally and forgot to take the listing down (this is on eBay). Anyways, if anyone has the OEM sti reverse lockout, please hit me up, I will buy it for a reasonable price. This one was with the short throw shifter for $100.

Also ordered a bunch more crap for my car. Hopefully I'll have it all before the weekend so I snap some pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What I've been working on. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be done. Sanded all the trim pieces, cleaned, tacked, and shot them with duplicolor trim paint (same stuff I used when I worked at paint & body shop).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Thanks all for the comments and welcome. Just to clear something up, the dealer doesn't paint calipers (that I know of). It's done through a third party, and mine was recommended. But if you want your calipers done right, and you're in or near the SD, Riverside county area, these guys WheelRepairXpress (Ahem, W.R.X.) did mine, and they do amazing work! Their prices are very reasonable. Hope that helps anyone who is looking for some quality caliper paint.
Or do as I did, buy G2 high temp caliper paint from Amazon at around $45 (or directly from G2 at a greater price), and paint the calipers yourself. [Do not need to take off the calipers; just tape around them in place; many good YouTube video to help DIY's.]

My calipers look so terrific (glossy and shiny) today as they did when I painted them 17,500 miles ago. [In fact I was/am so happy with the G2 paint, that I just painted the calipers on my wife's new Mazda 3 GT daily driver.]

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Or do as I did, buy G2 high temp caliper paint from Amazon at around $45 (or directly from G2 at a greater price), and paint the calipers yourself. [Do not need to take off the calipers; just tape around them in place; many good YouTube video to help DIY's.]

My calipers look so terrific (glossy and shiny) today as they did when I painted them 17,500 miles ago. [In fact I was/am so happy with the G2 paint, that I just painted the calipers on my wife's new Mazda 3 GT daily driver.]
Yeah, I would have, the problem is, they don't sell that color in a can lol.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Yeah, I would have, the problem is, they don't sell that color in a can lol.
Actually G2 will make custom paint colors that will identically match every vehicle's paint code.

For example, on my wife's Mazda Soul Red Metallic, just provided G2 its paint code, and it was mixed directly and perfectly for her car, as in the following. [I removed that errant spot on the rotor right after taking this picture.]

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Some pictures of the work I got done this weekend.

I ordered a real JDM S4 badge which will go in its place, and will delete the SUBARU letters on the trunk, leaving only AWD and WRX. I think the only other thing I am doing to the outside is wrapping the mirrors (Black or brushed aluminum, haven't figured it out yet) and STI style headlights.

20170917_174053.jpg
20170917_174059.jpg
20170917_174007.jpg
20170917_174342.jpg
SubiI_side_rear.jpg
Subi_rear.jpg
Subi-Fog.jpg
20170917_173755.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts