ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new 2011 WRX sedan with factory installed SPT catback exhaust. The family says its too loud so I just purchased a quieter exhaust. I am selling the SPT, when I get the new one(in about a week). The SPT has, as of today, less than 1200 miles on it, but by next week maybe 1600. I do a lot of highway driving to work. I am usually in the Northern VA area, but the family is in Western MD near the Morgantown WV area. Based on what I am reading about other SPT exhausts for sale and their conditions, I think $595 is pretty fair, but will entertain other offers. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope it is....The videos I saw and all of the stores and dealers I spoke with says it should be. Its the cabin drone that was too loud.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Before you order, it would be advisable to go to one of your local meets & hear it for yourself.You will never get an accurate representation of sound through a video.

Have you looked at the Nameless exhaust?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard, again via video, the Nameless performance and they sond great, but again, asking the different retailers, the cabin drone is supposed to be still there and the Q300 is supposed to be the quietest. Have you heard the Q300? whats your opinion? I work such strange and inconsistant hrs, I cant seem to get to any meets, as of yet...But plan to

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have a Q300 with the Invidia catted downpipe and it's not loud by any means (I actually wish is was louder sometimes) but it is very deep at lower rpm's creating a deep drone. It's not bad and does not bother me but depending on your age and taste it may bother you. Even the stock exhaust is not whisper quite like most stock cars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have installed the Q300 and they sound great. Nice cabin db also. Only concern is there is a small leak at the connection near the cat.....very very small. I was watching and feeling all the connections and felt a bit of air and saw some water droplets. I will have a guy I know at Midas look....However, Since I am in a good mood I am lowering the SPT exhaust price to $535...............Preferrably local pickup or I can meet you somewhere.
Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you want quiet, you should just swap with someone that has the stock exhaust. I wasn't sure I wanted the SPT exhaust at first (it was damn loud compared to my '04 WRX) and the dealer had no trouble finding WRX owners that were more than willing to swap with me plus some cash. I ended up keeping the SPT in the end, though (you get used to it fast and it does have a nice low rumble growl to it plus it's stainless steel which is nice). Complaining about how loud the SPT exhaust was did get them to take another $1000 off the car, though during negotiations (basically made it free). ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SPT exhaust off 2011 WRX sedan

SPT exhaust1.jpg SPT-midpipe1.jpg
I attached some pics of the SPT exhaust that I am still trying to sell. I have a few more pics. I can't believe that they haven't soled yet.:confused: For $535, its a steal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can't believe I misspelled "sold"...... Wow, back to elementary school for me. lol Actually just very bad typing

1 - 20 of 25 Posts