ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have and 04 wrx with a 5spd transmission and 16" factory wheels on it. I was wondering if its normal for the front tires to burn their life out when I launch my car. I read a few threads about all wheel drive on this cars and every single one said my car should have a 50/50 power distribution. Is this normal or should I be worry?

·
Registered
316 Posts
This car is not intended to be launched. That being said, your car may have a 50/50 power distribution but that is only when there is equal traction at all wheels. Under hard acceleration the weight shift to the rear will mean that the fronts have less traction, and because the diffs are limited-slip and not locked, that means that the front wheels will spin before the rears do.

·
Æternum
20,599 Posts
This car is not intended to be launched. That being said, your car may have a 50/50 power distribution but that is only when there is equal traction at all wheels. Under hard acceleration the weight shift to the rear will mean that the fronts have less traction, and because the diffs are limited-slip and not locked, that means that the front wheels will spin before the rears do.
This is corrrect. The viscous diff will take a short period of time to lock. During this time, the wheels with the least traction will spin.

·
Registered
364 Posts
How often do you rotate them? If not rotated the fronts will wear faster especially when pushing the car in turns, hard braking and hard acceleration.

I doubt your front tires are wearing out faster unless you are spinning the tires launching, which if only the fronts are spinning you are being very hard on the center diff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rotated the tires when I bought it, front tires were more worn out than rears for sure. Is not like I'm doing it everyday, if I launch my car twice in the last months is a lot. I just didn't expect that from an all wheel drive car. Are Stis like that too? Does anyone knows if there is a way to change the power distribution on this cars?

·
Banned
296 Posts
I rotated the tires when I bought it, front tires were more worn out than rears for sure. Is not like I'm doing it everyday, if I launch my car twice in the last months is a lot. I just didn't expect that from an all wheel drive car. Are Stis like that too? Does anyone knows if there is a way to change the power distribution on this cars?
These cars, not this cars.

Sorry. I'm no grammar expert, but come on...

Have you guys ever read some of the comments on youtube videos? It drives me nuts. I swear the entire U.S. will be illiterate in a few years. No offense rockero, I just had to vent.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, but I don't come to this forums for writing classes, neither do I get anything for writing it perfectly, most of us don't have time to recheck every single word we write, so if you don't get it or don't like how is written move on, there are plenty more to read....

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Grammar Nazi to the rescue!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts