ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 02 bugeye and am looking to upgrade tires.. I live in ohio so I see a little bit of everything .. I do a little bit of everything with the car.. drag on the weekends and daily commuter .. I want something that has good traction can handle decent amounts of speed and has good longetivity .. willing to spend up to 350 for a set .. thanks in advance fellas

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm running continental DWS for my sti and the tires have seen everything from the drag strip to twistys to mud. They perform in the snow very well with only a slight twitch on starting off.

Rain there great as well. Some people complain about the side wall being squishy on some hard cornering but I personally haven't had much of a issue with it.

Mine cost me 850$ for the set but they where for 18" wheels and warrenty.

Btw the deepest snow I've driven in with these tires was 8" with no issues.

Edit: I have done a lot of highway driving with these and they are quiet as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second Conti DWS.
I have them on my Audi A4, and they are a great all around tire.
Good in all weather conditions, and I have had no problems driving it 3" of snow this past winter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply .. i decided to try Hankook's line up found a new set of all season low pro's for 300 we will see how they hold up

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Conti DWS... you can go through anything pretty much with them, they handle well for a 540 rated tire... i've had them on my old Evo X, my wife's MS3 and my MS3 as well... went through 8 inches of snow with no problems in that MS3 too. There's a reason they are rated one of or the best tire on tirerack's site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts