Subaru WRX Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts
I'm excited to see what they've added to the STi for 2017.
Nothing. << highlight the white font to see your answer.

I can't tell if they're from a Hot Wheels toy
That was my first impression. Kind of appropriate. Subaru seems to consider the WRX / STi toys, while it markets it other Plain Jane products to its core target demographic.

Subaru seems to consider the WRX / STi toys, while it markets it other Plain Jane products to its core target demographic.
Are they not?

Consequently, did you place your order for next-year's RS?

I meant toys as in not taking them seriously. An afterthought.
Of course they are. Subaru has long since moved away from the performance image it once loved. Very different type of audience now comparatively. Subaru is making decent consumer-level cars now. The Impreza may be dull, gutless, but it appeals in the right ways to the mass market if they can keep the price down.

Ford and Dodge continue to capitalize on the "performance" heritage and brand, as does Porsche.

Getting a 2016 RS with the trim and color I'd want seems nigh impossible. Looks like it'll be a 2017 pre order - whenever that'll start.
I was surprised that Ford called the RS a 2016MY in the USA. I wonder if Ford will continue this trend in the coming years.

I was surprised that Ford called the RS a 2016MY in the USA. I wonder if Ford will continue this trend in the coming years.
They wanted to whip up a frenzy about the RS - I'm thinking this might not continue.

I still love my WRX, but am ready to move on. Can't wait for 2018-19 when Subaru might do a proper STi.

They wanted to whip up a frenzy about the RS - I'm thinking this might not continue.

I still love my WRX, but am ready to move on. Can't wait for 2018-19 when Subaru might do a proper STi.
Perhaps I scared you a bit, but what makes the current STi, not a "proper STi?"

Perhaps I scared you a bit, but what makes the current STi, not a "proper STi?"
"But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!"

Yes, you did put me off of one to some degree. More than ~300 / 300 would be nice if they were serious.

Do they still come with the same crappy plate with a hole downpipe?

There are some things I would change about the new STI, buy power isn't really among the changes. I think 300 is fine and considering it's faster than prior models, it's also underrated.

A 2.0L or 1.6L would have been preferable as would a 300lb weight reduction. Those are the changes I'd prefer rather than the American "add more power."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

A 2.0L or 1.6L would have been preferable as would a 300lb weight reduction. Those are the changes I'd prefer rather than the American "add more power."
It's not just the US adding power. Weight reduction and crashworthiness do not go together very well without making it too pricey.

A man can dream.

Aye.

Same crappy downpipe?
Of course!

On a side note, the OEM downpipe design is just so terrible, but it's also the reason the cars pick up impressive S2 numbers.

See, Subaru is not serious ...

I know the Impreza is a better car than a Focus. I really want hatch again. An STi hatch? I'd seriously consider that.

OP: please forgive my taking this thread elsewhere ...

See, Subaru is not serious ...

I know the Impreza is a better car than a Focus. I really want hatch again. An STi hatch? I'd seriously consider that.

OP: please forgive my taking this thread elsewhere ...
Yes. If they release the STI hatch again, I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wagon, the current generation is a wagon. Semantics I know....still. It's a wagon.
Haha oh come on :wiggle: wagon, hatch, wagon-hatch, lol

Alright, only because He said it... Hahaha still excited to see these badboys.. I'd be okay with a STI based off that wagon. I prefer wagon, as it's cheaper with insurance too.. :beerchug:

Here's some pics I grabbed yesterday if the new cars! So, in person j liked them. Wasn't as bad as j thought. The wagon (hatch *cough..*) look like the outback and Impreza had a baby. They were close enough together to notice it.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.