ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 02 Impreza and I’ve been having all four cylinders misfire. Changed my coil packs spark plugs. Come to find out, it’s my lightweight flywheel throwing off the ecu. But at the same time, I’ve got a super low idle and car shuts off from time to time. Could that be compression? Gotta take it to bar and ref cause it got flagged during a smog on Friday. But I’m lost with the misfires.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got an 02 Impreza and I’ve been having all four cylinders misfire. Changed my coil packs spark plugs. Come to find out, it’s my lightweight flywheel throwing off the ecu. But at the same time, I’ve got a super low idle and car shuts off from time to time. Could that be compression? To know how long can i drive with a misfiring cylinder, you can visit AutoGuysLand to get more info. Gotta take it to bar and ref cause it got flagged during a smog on Friday. But I’m lost with the misfires.
I think you can check A/F sensor because bad A/F sensor will be accompanied with a rough running engine though. Or you can use OBD2 scanner to read the code in order to know exactly what wrong with your car.

·
Æternum
19,986 Posts
You already answered your own question -- the Lightweight flywheel will cause problems with both idle and misfire calculation. That has been known for over a decade now, which is why most people don't run lightweight flywheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts