ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day i am driving home from work and the check engine light comes on. It flashed for a bit and then my car started to run very rough. So i took it to autozone and got the CEL checked and all 4 cyl were misfiring. I found a vacuum line that came off a 'T' connector. It was for the hardline to my boost guage. After fixing that the car ran fine. It didnt idle roughly and seemed to be fine. Except on my way home about 4 hours later it started to do it again. No idea whats wrong. What do you suppose is making all 4 cyl misfiring at the same time? I have a TBE exhaust, and a Cobb AP stage 2 tune as well as a gredy BOV.

Im wondering if when my power steering pump got replaced if it messed with the timing. The reason I wonder is because the tech broke the tensioner for the belt and when i got the vehicle back it was put on very loosely and started to whine very very bad. Once i bought the tensioner and tighened it back up it seemed fine. NO problems. Im wondering if when the belt was on loosely the crank pulley had to much slack and caused it to slip a tooth on the cams creating this misfire. Is this possible? Plz any input would be greatly appreciated

1 - 2 of 2 Posts