Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I am new to the site and have a quick question. I have an 05 wrx with the following mods...ej205 motor new turbo(stock) scroll 2.5 header aftermarket uppipe Catless Downpipe turbo back exhaust stage 1 clutch and lift weight flywheel with the cob v2 ap. Will I safely be able to run a stage 2 tune?? Any feedback would be greatly apriciate. Thanks guys

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
A couple things:
1) V2 APs have been end-of-life'd by Cobb. They are no longer supported. You should strongly consider upgrading to V3.
2) The aftermarket exhaust manifold will affect the tuning, but it might be ok for a period of time until you can get a custom calibration. You're going to want to install a WBO2 sensor into the downpipe and monitor datalogs to make sure nothing is too far off. You're going to want to schedule a custom tune soon to make sure everything is good, though, but it's not a "don't start the vehicle" situation. If it takes 3-6 months to save up for a tune, assuming your datalogs are good, that shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool. I thought something was funny with the Catless down pipe and header. Ended up just doing stage 1 for now and will set up appointment for a pro tune! Thanks for the advice!

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
05rexer said:
Ok cool. I thought something was funny with the Catless down pipe and header. Ended up just doing stage 1 for now and will set up appointment for a pro tune! Thanks for the advice!
You need to be running StageII to account for the downpipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts