ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the a spt strut n spring and groupN strut mounts front n rear last weekend on my wagon. Then got the car aligned yesterday and here is the result :

front left camber = -1.1 (stock camber bolt)
front right camber = -1.6 (camber bolt kit)
front left toe = 0.0
front right toe = 0.0

rear left camber = -1.6
rear right camber = -1.1
rear left toe = 0.08
rear right toe = -0.06

does the numbers look bad?
should i get camber bolt kit for the front n rear?

please any suggestion on what to do and what setting to shoot for a wagon doing double duty mostly daily driven and 10 autox a year.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Your cross cambers are off quite a bit - 0.5 degrees, that's too much IMO.

I don't see how w/ camber bolts you can't get them closer- I'd be shooting for a tenth cross camber.

The rear has the same problem, it would be worth trying camber bolts in the rear as well.

If they can get your front toe at 0 w/ no cross toe, they can do better in the rear. You've got toe out on one side and toe in on the other. I'd leave the -0.06 (toe out) and get the other side to match. A little toe out will help w/ rotation.

Big Sky

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
I'm a little confused by your original post- you say -1.6 w/ camber bolt in the front and only -1.1 w/oem eccentric bolt on the other side- why are you only running a camber bolt on one side? Are you running a tandem (camber bolt in the lower hole and eccentric bolt lower) setup?

The rear is quite as important on cross camber as the front, so if you have to concentrate on the front ones. I'd either add the camber bolt to the other side to get to -1.6 or take it out and get it back to -1.1. Either way cross camber should be very close to 0 (tenth or two at the most). Same w/ toe- should be very close to 0 (or 0 like your front toe settings).

If I'm confusing you or not answering your question- fire away.

Big Sky

·
Registered
888 Posts
jvswrx said:
please any suggestion on what to do and what setting to shoot for a wagon doing double duty mostly daily driven and 10 autox a year.
I'd go for about -1.5 degrees of camber in front and -1 degree in the rear with 0 toe all around for what you want to do. If you can't get that much negative camber in front on one side try to get the two sides equal. Even if you're at -1 front and -1 rear it will be a pretty good setup.

As far as your current numbers I agree with what Big Sky has said so far.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I just have one question. Were you sitting in the car when the readings were taken? If you weren't the settings will change slightly when you get in it. Mine actually changed enough to give me .3 degrees more negative camber. With no weight in the car your better off with just a little less camber on the left side. Of course the .5 is a bit much and your rear camber is off side to side quite a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts