ClubWRX Forum banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
the cross camber in the rear isn't enough to warrant control arms imo

I'd say for a daily driver the alignment looks pretty good, all of your toe crosses are good and you have enough camber up front to still carve some decent corners- if you want a little more performance I know the 11+'s can eek out more neg camber up front- in the -1.5+ range from what I've seen

other than that I'd leave it :)

·
MAINEiac
3,255 Posts
Wouldn't it be ideal to have the camber really close to each other, as opposed to -1.13 and -.87 for the front? Just curious.
Yes, same with the rear camber. Although on the 3rd gens you can't get much change in the rear camber...although I would think it would be closer than it is. In the fronts like big sky said you should be able to get -1.5ish (I got -1.2 left and right).

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
for a daily driver a couple tenths of cross camber isn't a biggy; a tenth cross is nice, zero even better, but most shops aren't going to put the time into getting that close and again it's nothing that is going to be overtly noticeable

·
Registered
958 Posts
Need more alignment talk!!!

How often would you recommend getting a alignment done. I saw mention of getting a alignment after every time you swap tires, but this seems excessive. So I thought I'd ask the alignment god what he thought and recommends.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
every tire swap- no way; racing autocross that would be a lot of alignments :)

every major suspension swap for sure-springs/struts/control arms and the like (no need on swaybars)

also alignments will sometimes go awry- so if if it's driving funny or you're getting unusual tire wear- have it checked

·
Registered
958 Posts
Lol would you imagine needing to do a alignment at the event after mounting race tires.

So if nothing feels or looks wrong would you think it would be safe to do every 2 years? Or would you do it before every autox season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
I typically get it checked before each season (and when I do a suspension change), sometimes the alignment is spot on and nothing needs to be adjusted, but usually there are minor adjustments to be made

·
Registered
40 Posts
What is the max camber allowed on the stock camber bolts for a 2011? I've been reading elsewhere that if running coilovers with camber plates, the camber bolts should be set to max.
Wondering if that's true or not

·
Moderating on the run!
12,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
I've always liked to use the oe eccentric bolts to fine tune the camber (I would think alignment techs would as well). Set the camber plates where you want them and then let the alignment tech fine tune w/ the eccentric bolts. I believe (in the US anyways) that the 11's and + get quite a bit more available neg camber than previous models, iirc some are getting in the -1.7-ish range, which w/ just stock bolts is pretty impressive

·
Registered
958 Posts
The rear seems on par with what people with lowered 3g WRX have. However you should be able to get a lot more than that up front. I say bring it back and tell them they didn't provide what you asked for or bring it to a other shop.

That being said they did a great job with the toe

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was going to install some camber bolts up front and have them realign the car. He said he tried to max it out and that is all he could get. Not sure why seeing as I thought I would be able to get more, especially being lowered.

·
Registered
958 Posts
New alignment with the RCE Blacks and Com-C top hats.

Seems to have a lot of Cross Caster, heard it was normal?

281 - 297 of 297 Posts