ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know this makes me a geek, but I will be in line front row center for Aliens vs Predator.

I was a big fan of both movie series, bought and beat both video games and I remember (and still have) all of the original AvP comics. With that being said, they released a video clip of the movie on Yahoo movies today...

Oh mama, remind me never to get caught between these guys

Anyone else going to see this?

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Well, I was excited to see the movie, but that clip of the fight scene seemed kind of lame. I'll probably still head out to see it though.

I'm sure it will end without a clear victor like most 'clash of the titans' type movies.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Did seem like a tame clip up until he started swinging the Alien around by its foot.

I'm sure the bigger battles will be much more entertaining.

Edit: Actually, I take it back. I just watched it again, and except for 2 frames (when the predator was knocked down then jumped right back up) it was a pretty nasty fight.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Looks like its going to be a really bad CG nightmare. I think it will be awful, but I am going to go see it because Bishop is in it!!!!!! Plus all 4 of the Aliens movies were really good, with 2 being unbelievable, and the first Predator is my favorite movie of all time, but mostly because Arnold OWNS!!!!

-j

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NJwrbT-WRX said:
Looks like its going to be a really bad CG nightmare. I think it will be awful, but I am going to go see it because Bishop is in it!!!!!! Plus all 4 of the Aliens movies were really good, with 2 being unbelievable, and the first Predator is my favorite movie of all time, but mostly because Arnold OWNS!!!!

-j
:confused1

Hum...our taste is different here.
First two Aliens movies=AMAZING
Alien 3=TERRIBLE, until u watch the directors cut....then it becomes a completely different movie
Alien Ressurection=Great up until the end...then it sucked.

Predator 1= cant be the gov

NOW, as far as CG goes, the only CG is when the Alien was flying through the air. I hate to put myself in further geekdom, but I've been following this movie, and there is a whole production clip about them building an animitronic (?) Alien to accomplish a more realistic look.

Go to the website...see it, its worth blowing off work for 5 minutes :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
My wife and I were at the drive-in when a preview for AvP came on. You should have seen me jumping for joy in the seat. My wife sat there staring at me like: :rolleyes:

I can't wait to see it. I figure it's probably going to be sort of stupid, but how can I not see it?

Bishop rocks. I've always liked Lance Henriksen. :thumbup:

Anybody else able to make the Predator clicking noise with the back of their throat? :D :rolleyes: It scares my dog. She thinks I'm growling.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
im super stoked on this!

finally from the comics to the big screen.

should be very interesting and im just glad to see the predator in all his glory again.

we all know who will win.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I am definitely going to see it. I like the Predator movies much better than the Alien movies, so they had better win. I mean, they have nuclear weapons (albeit ones you can escape from by diving behind a log). Too bad Jessie Ventura isn't in it, though. His saying "I don't got time to bleed" is one of the best things ever.

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
I'm SO there.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
looks decent , i think it will be good if its made right.. long as they didnt rush it and make it crappy it will be good.

·
1,816 Posts
Nothing beats AvP 2 with multiplayer being an alien with the "Lifecycle" option turned on. Pissed Predator and Human players off alot. You geeks will know what I am talking about :D

I prefered the Praetorian.

-Chris

1 - 20 of 74 Posts