ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alexa - Diary of a Little Red Wagon (2010 STi)

So I recently purchased something of a unicorn -- a red 2010 STi hatchback. Not the rarest of cars, but you don't see a whole ton of them around. I've owned and loved a 2003 wagon for the last 5 years now, but as that car is now over 200k miles and definitely starting to show her age, I decided to search for a new toy. I looked for a long, long time to find one that fit my requirements -- stock, hatch, low miles, and in a color other than black or DGM.

Finally, in January, I had narrowed down my search to the one I thought I was going to take home... a white 2009 STi hatch with gold '07 BBS wheels and 50k miles. It was a bit of a whirlwind affair, seeing as how I was in Japan for two weeks on a ski trip with a couple buddies, then returning to the states only to fly to Phoenix less than 24 hours after arriving home for a work trip. I was planning on purchasing the car in Phoenix and driving it back home to Colorado (it is absurdly hard to find a clean WRX or STI in CO that isn't priced to the moon). So the whole time I was out of the country I was using the limited WiFi in our hostel to try to communicate with the dealer and with my uncle, who lives in Phoenix and was helping me check out the car.

Long story short, the dealer ended up being a real pain to work with right about the time that I saw a beautiful red hatch pop up on Craigslist in the nearby area. 2010 with 43,000 miles for the same price as the white one I was looking at. A week of phone calls in between 16 hr work days and I got a ride to nearby Prescott Valley to purchase my STi.

I was pretty stoked. 43,300 miles on the clock, single owner, owned by a doctor's wife who teared up a bit as we finalized the deal. The car was completely stock except for an SPT catback, but came with a few uninstalled OEM Subaru goodies also -- sport grille, SPT heatshield, and armrest extension.

Mod list, then pics! :woocow:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine / Power
Invidia high-flow catted downpipe with 2 bungs
S̶u̶b̶a̶r̶u̶ ̶S̶P̶T̶ ̶c̶a̶t̶b̶a̶c̶k̶
I̶n̶v̶i̶d̶i̶a̶ ̶Q̶3̶0̶0̶ ̶c̶a̶t̶b̶a̶c̶k̶
Tomei Expreme Ti catback
Cobb SF Intake w/box
Grimmspeed 3 Port EBCS
SPT Heatshield
PTP Lava turbo blanket
Fuel line extension to help the "GR Stumble"
Protuned by CamTuning to ~310whp

Suspension
Eibach 25mm adjustable front swaybar (set full soft)
Eibach 22mm adjustable rear swaybar (set full hard)
Kartboy endlinks front and rear

Drivetrain
Kartboy short shifter
Kartboy shifter bushings F&R
Kartboy pitch stop mount
Subaru Group-N transmission mount
Whiteline positive shift kit (transmission crossmember bushings)

Interior
Valentine 1 radar detector
OEM footwell illumination kit
Subaru armrest extension
Subaru all-weather floor mats
Custom seat bolstering mod (driver's side)
Dipped shifter trim flat black

Audio
JVC head unit w/bluetooth
JL Audio W3 10'' subwoofer in Audio Integrations box
JL Audio 400w amp

Exterior
Light (~35%ish) tint all around
5% tint windshield brow
Subaru sport grille w/STi badge
Completely debadged rear end
Subaru OEM crossbars
RockyMounts bike racks
Yakima ski rack
Lamin-X yellow foglight overlays
Lamin-X gunsmoke taillight overlays
Fog light surrounds dipped black
OEM '10 STi wheels 18x8.5 with Yokohama high-performance all-season tires 245-45-18 (summer)
OEM '07 STi BBS goldies 17x7.5 with Bridgestone Blizzaks 225/45/R17 (winter)
ASA 17x7 wheels with 235/45/17 Hankook Ventus RS-3 tires (race wheels)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we are in the parking lot right after finalizing the deal. I was still a bit in shock after finally being handed the keys to my very own STi and my proud mom taking my photo with my phone.

Wow. So stock. Such red. Much potential.

And then getting used to the new baby on the 8 hour drive to take her home.

Then the modding began! I wanted to purchase a stock car not because I wanted to own a stock car, but because I wanted a clean slate to make my own. One of the big reasons why I decided to get a new car in the first place was I had reached a point with my bugeye where I didn't want to spend any more money to modify it because I wasn't sure how long it would last before it needed serious repairs. Having a new car to play with has been a great joy so far.

The night I brought her home I ordered the first round of parts. Nothing fancy... RallyArmor Mudflaps, yellow Lamin-X foglight overlays, gunsmoke Lamin-X tail light overlays.

Then came the first mod: Debadging!

I've always been a big fan of debadged cars in general. I especially like how clean it looks on the GR Subarus. Alexa came with 5! badges on the back, including the dealer badge. Unfortunately, the only shot I have is this heavily cropped one from the day I got the car.

Way too much going on. With some help from my lovely girlfriend, the we cleaned up the rear end.

The mud flaps and overlays came in a couple days later. RallySportDirect is awesome. Maybe it's just because I live close to their warehouse, but I always get parts within a couple days of ordering. The mudflaps and overlays really added a lot to the exterior. I also added a set of OEM Subaru roof crossbars for my ski and bike racks.

Looking all pretty on a mountain pass near home.

Normally, I'm not at all a fan of tinted taillights, but I saw a photo on RSD's page of a red hatch with these and decided to go for it. I'm still a bit on the fence on whether or not to keep them for the long term, but they do look pretty sweet.

Love the way the yellow fogs and the sport grill help clean up and set off the front of the car. I also plastidipped the fog light surrounds flat black. Looks much cleaner than the OEM silver.

Also loving the colors on the front end after dark.

Glory shot during a particularly scenic Colorado sunset. Look for this shot to be posted on social media by Subaru of America in June as part of their Subarus and Sunsets theme.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Next up was a few interior things.

First off, the stereo needed an upgrade. My old WRX had a pretty decent system including a bluetooth head unit, high-quality upgraded speakers all around, a 150w 8" underseat sub, and a big 12" sub in the back. Dual voice coil, ported box, 500w amp. Plus Dynamat all around. Alexa came with a factory touchscreen head unit with navigation, and that was it. I have big plans for the future, but the first thing that I did was to swap in my bluetooth deck (still confused why the car came with navigation and bluetooth integration for everything EXCEPT playing music...). Anyways, I'm not a big fan of screens in cars and I'm not terribly concerned with in-dash navigation, so I'm pretty happy with the swap. I also installed my underseat sub, which unfortunately ended up blowing out shortly thereafter. Oh well. This will do for the moment.

One of the very few issues with the interior was a scratch on the dash trim above the head unit. I was originally thinking to repaint that bit (and still will in the future) but for the moment, I had a bit of fun with some stickers lying around to cover it up. I probably won't keep it for much longer, but I do like it for the moment.

I also installed a Kartboy short shifter. This was one of my favorite mods to my bugeye and it's been equally awesome in here too. A bit out of chronological order, but I also plastidipped the shifter trim flat black. Looks way better than the stock bright silver.

From then, a Stage II setup wasn't far off. I wasn't planning on moving this quickly, but after buying a new car I found myself really wishing for more of the sounds that come from a modified Subaru... the woosh-pshh of the intake, the louder growl from the catback, the sound of the turbo spooling... plus I was wanting more power. The stock STi was quick and fun, but not much faster than my old bugeye that I'd been dying to add power to forever. So on went an Invidia catted downpipe, a Cobb SF intake, and a Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS. All capped off by the SPT heatshield I had gotten with the car.

One thing I really like about the Cobb intake is the way it reuses the factory snorkel. The SPT intake I had on my bugeye didn't have that. I don't want to run a cold air intake as I love playing in puddles and snow... but with the snorkel in place, the Cobb system should perform more like a CAI than a traditional short ram intake would.

Without the airbox cover...

Grimmspeed EBCS

Overall engine bay

I had the car tuned by CamTuning down in Albuquerque. Cool guy with an incredible car and a ton of knowledge. We did a road tune, but he estimated that based off his experience, the car would be putting down around 310whp on the dyno he normally uses. Overall, it feels great. Power comes on really hard... hard enough to actually make traction control kick in on a hard 1-2 shift (on snow tires at least).

Turbo is pretty stoked about being able to breathe better...

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
One issue that came up with the car fairly early... the infamous GR stumble. For those of you who have the fortune to not have experienced it, it is basically a bad "stumble" at around 3k rpms on Stage 2+ GR STIs. It literally feels like the car falls flat on its face, then takes off again under low to medium throttle. Luckily, there is an easy (if somewhat odd) fix. You can basically just extend one of the fuel lines... literally replace the line with a 3ft new line... and it goes almost completely away. I was skeptical, but figured I'd give it a shot. Worked like a charm, the car feels great now.

Extended fuel line

View from above. You would think that the extra long line would look odd in the engine bay, but I tucked it under and it is hardly noticeable.

Around this time, we started getting a ton of snow. Ever since I've been a kid, I've always absolutely loved snow. Skiing is my favorite thing in the entire world and these two loves are a huge part of why I became a fan of Subarus in the first place.

After a particularly deep donut session after a particularly deep day playing in the powder...

Why you get the hatchback -- that's everyone's clothes, gear, and food for 4 people for a 3 day ski trip.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
While the SPT exhaust was fine, I wanted something louder. My bugeye had a catless downpipe into an Invidia Q300 and it was pretty perfect volume. I wanted the STi to be at least that loud... possibly louder. One good friend of mine has a 2009 WRX with a catted downpipe and a Q300 and it is one of the best sounding cars I've heard. That sold me on going for a Q300 on my STi as well. I sold the SPT to a friend and ordered it up.

Such a pretty piece (with my roommate in the background):

A rather poor photo of the back end of the car with the Q300. It's an incredibly good looking exhaust from the back.

As the snow melted away, we moved back into Autocross season! I've been autocrossing my bugeye for a bit over a year and was super stoked to try out the new toy. I was extra excited this time because my girlfriend was interested in trying out AutoX as well.

Here she is helping mark out our numbers and class the night before.

Overall... the car felt great. I definitely have to get used to it... it has a lot more power than my bugeye... I'm definitely not used to the overall speed I can carry through the course. The Brembos feel amazing. The stock suspension feels good... but I am a bit surprised by how much body roll there in really hard, fast corners. Swaybars are definitely in my future.

Quick shot from one of the other racers

My girlfriend did great... and is now almost as addicted to it as I am. Pretty sweet to get her out there, it was the first time she'd ever done anything of the sort. Here's a quick shot from one of her faster laps:

Posing with some friend's cars in the parking lot after the race

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wrapping up my first big batch of mods, I installed the shifter bushings that came with the Kartboy short shifter. This was an install I'd been dreading... I did this on my bugeye and it was an absolute nightmare. Parts didn't line up right, I had to call multiple friends to come bail me out, the car ended up being in the garage on jackstands for days while I swore I'd never do another mod myself ever again.

Well... it's a lot nicer working on a car with 48k miles than a car with 175k...

It definitely took a little while, but I got the bushings in with no real issues by myself in a couple hours. I gotta say, you never really feel like you know a car until you find yourself laying under it yelling and cursing at a part for simply existing...

Old bushings uninstalled

Old bushings out of the car. You can easily feel the difference between them. Look how cracked the old rear bushing is... definitely glad to have the new, stiffer ones in there.

Everything all installed and tightened up

The upgraded bushings feel like as great of an improvement as I remember in my bugeye. One difference though is in the NVH. In my bugeye, there was no difference from stock to modded. In the STi, there is a considerable difference. It sounds like a freakin' rally car when you wind through first and second gear. I've been told this is because gears 1-3 in the STI are straighter cut than normal. Regardless of the cause... I love the sound difference. If you are someone who would rather your car was quiet and didn't communicate what it was doing to you... you will probably feel different. The whine is LOUD. I'd say about as loud as my intake actually.

·
Set Phasers to Stun
973 Posts
Great looking car and a very nice build. I definitely recommend doing sway bars, will help with that body roll alot and give you better cornering feel, I was one of my favorite upgrades. I dont autocross but I know sway bars will help you out there.

Pretty nice pictures too :thumbup:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JasonLevinson1 said:
That is a great looking car! I have a 2010 WRX and the STI looks so much better! Where are you in Colorado? I am in Pueblo
Thanks man! I'm down in Durango.

jfisch822 said:
Great looking car and a very nice build. I definitely recommend doing sway bars, will help with that body roll alot and give you better cornering feel, I was one of my favorite upgrades. I dont autocross but I know sway bars will help you out there.

Pretty nice pictures too
Thanks!

Totally know what you mean. Swaybars were probably my favorite mod to my bugeye. I initially didn't see as much need for them with the STi... it's pretty stiff around town, probably more so than my bugeye with pretty stiff sways, but once it gets pushed hard into corners the body roll shows its face. Definitely planning on picking up some of those soon for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Durango is such a cool town. My wife and I go at the beginning of every year since her sister lives there now. Can't wait till next time and get my new wrx in the mountains. Nice build so far, sub'd.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Whoa... it's been forever since I've updated this. Life's been a bit crazy.

Fear not though... Alexa's been good -- I've kept her well entertained with a steady stream of toys.

So where to start...

New wheels!

Picked up a couple sets off a buddy who was getting rid of his STi. I've been wanting dedicated AutoX wheels and tires for some time now... so I jumped at the chance. The ASA ones are for AutoX and are 17x7.5 and the bronze BBS ones are OEM 06 STi wheels with Blizzaks for winter. Neither are in the best of shape, but both will work for their intended purposes. Definitely want to repaint the BBS ones before the winter -- Grimmspeed sells OEM Subaru Gold paint, but these seem much darker in shade to me. I'd rather find a match for this darker bronze.

"Test fitting" the BBS'. I think they'll look pretty good!

This is why you buy the hatch. 8 full sets of wheels and tires + me, my girlfriend, and everything we had for a long weekend away inside the car.

Painted the ASA wheels in the garage. Just a rattlecan job, but I think it turned out well for race wheels. Wrapped them in some 235/45/17 Hankook Ventus RS-3 tires I got from a buddy who was parting out his race car.

New race wheels and tires... if you look close you can see another recent mod!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great looking hatch man! Hope to see more!
Thanks!

Lots of views like this today... finally getting to put on some parts that have spent way too much time sitting in the garage waiting for me to have time.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Slowly getting updated here...

So after having the Q300 for only a few weeks, it became pretty clear to me that it was not what I wanted. It was louder than the SPT, but the tone just wasn't there. It had a great tone under heavy throttle... but inside the car during normal driving it was more just a blab of noise than a distinct tone. No crispness or burbles... almost never popped or crackled under deceleration or downshifting. It wasn't bad... but having my car sound great is a huge source of joy in my life and especially now that I have an STi, I really want it to sound epic. The funny thing is, my buddy has a 09 WRX sedan with a Q300 and an Invidia catted downpipe (same setup as me) and it sounds fantastic. Clear, deep, crisp tone with plenty of pops and crackles. But mine didn't sound anything like that. Heck, I had a Q300 on my bugeye and it sounded way better than this one. We chalked it up to the difference between two small mufflers vs one giant one with quad tips. Not to mention the Q300 droned like crazy as well.

So I looked around a TON and researched a lot on forums... the general thought seems to be that it's going to be really hard to get the deep, crisp sound out of quad tips with a single muffler. The older STi's sounded as great as they did because most of them had a single tip, straight through style muffler.

It was right about the time that I was looking seriously into an N1 dual catback. I liked the sound... but I wasn't a huge fan of the look. Specifically how you could see where it split from one pipe into two big cans. Just seemed so unnecessary looking to me... like why even add on that second one? It's just for looks. And that was when a major shift happened in my brain. I realized that's all that the quad tips were too... extra weight and complexity to achieve a certain look. And the more I thought about it, the more ridiculous it seemed that my little 4 cylinder car had 4 giant tips coming out the back. That's when I started looking seriously into single-tip exhausts... a lot of searching around and I ended up pulling the trigger on a Tomei Expreme Ti catback.

I'm blown away at the quality of this thing. Titanium can't be bent, so each tube is made up of many tiny bits welded together. Crazy awesome craftsmanship. Not to mention that the entire thing weighs 11 pounds -- I can easily hold the entire assembled catback outstretched in one hand.

And then there's the sound. Ahhhh yesss this is what a Subaru should sound like. Deep, crisp, burbley, crackles and pops on downshifts... in a word: awesome. My girlfriend never really got what I was talking about with the other one not seeming crisp until she heard this one... then she immediately got what I meant.

Overall... it is pretty loud. Definitely not the most subtle of exhausts. BUT, it has no drone. Like seriously. Everyone I've taken for a drive comments on it. You can hear a bit of the noise from it from outside and behind the car when accelerating, for sure, but if the windows are up and you are cruising on the highway, you do not hear it. It's crazy. I'm not sure how they achieved that, but I think it's probably just a really well designed resonator. It's pretty easy to keep quiet if you need to... engine load seems to affect it more than many... if you are light on the throttle it's pretty subtle, but it's definitely really loud if you get on it hard. Cold start is definitely quite loud... but they do include a silencer that works well. Looks and sounds like crap, but works well. So far I use that if I'm starting the car early in the morning or working on it (letting it idle, putting it on ramps, etc) late at night for my neighbors sake.

As for looks... well judge for yourself.

I like it a lot myself. It looks... functional, for lack of a better word. I'd love a good dual tip exhaust with more subtle tips that went straight back... but I'm pretty good with this. Reactions from my friends have been polarizing for sure. Some love it, some really hate it, very few don't have an opinion.

·
Set Phasers to Stun
973 Posts
Slowly getting updated here...

So after having the Q300 for only a few weeks, it became pretty clear to me that it was not what I wanted. It was louder than the SPT, but the tone just wasn't there. It had a great tone under heavy throttle... but inside the car during normal driving it was more just a blab of noise than a distinct tone. No crispness or burbles... almost never popped or crackled under deceleration or downshifting. It wasn't bad... but having my car sound great is a huge source of joy in my life and especially now that I have an STi, I really want it to sound epic. The funny thing is, my buddy has a 09 WRX sedan with a Q300 and an Invidia catted downpipe (same setup as me) and it sounds fantastic. Clear, deep, crisp tone with plenty of pops and crackles. But mine didn't sound anything like that. Heck, I had a Q300 on my bugeye and it sounded way better than this one. We chalked it up to the difference between two small mufflers vs one giant one with quad tips. Not to mention the Q300 droned like crazy as well.

So I looked around a TON and researched a lot on forums... the general thought seems to be that it's going to be really hard to get the deep, crisp sound out of quad tips with a single muffler. The older STi's sounded as great as they did because most of them had a single tip, straight through style muffler.

It was right about the time that I was looking seriously into an N1 dual catback. I liked the sound... but I wasn't a huge fan of the look. Specifically how you could see where it split from one pipe into two big cans. Just seemed so unnecessary looking to me... like why even add on that second one? It's just for looks. And that was when a major shift happened in my brain. I realized that's all that the quad tips were too... extra weight and complexity to achieve a certain look. And the more I thought about it, the more ridiculous it seemed that my little 4 cylinder car had 4 giant tips coming out the back. That's when I started looking seriously into single-tip exhausts... a lot of searching around and I ended up pulling the trigger on a Tomei Expreme Ti catback.

I'm blown away at the quality of this thing. Titanium can't be bent, so each tube is made up of many tiny bits welded together. Crazy awesome craftsmanship. Not to mention that the entire thing weighs 11 pounds -- I can easily hold the entire assembled catback outstretched in one hand.

And then there's the sound. Ahhhh yesss this is what a Subaru should sound like. Deep, crisp, burbley, crackles and pops on downshifts... in a word: awesome. My girlfriend never really got what I was talking about with the other one not seeming crisp until she heard this one... then she immediately got what I meant.

Overall... it is pretty loud. Definitely not the most subtle of exhausts. BUT, it has no drone. Like seriously. Everyone I've taken for a drive comments on it. You can hear a bit of the noise from it from outside and behind the car when accelerating, for sure, but if the windows are up and you are cruising on the highway, you do not hear it. It's crazy. I'm not sure how they achieved that, but I think it's probably just a really well designed resonator. It's pretty easy to keep quiet if you need to... engine load seems to affect it more than many... if you are light on the throttle it's pretty subtle, but it's definitely really loud if you get on it hard. Cold start is definitely quite loud... but they do include a silencer that works well. Looks and sounds like crap, but works well. So far I use that if I'm starting the car early in the morning or working on it (letting it idle, putting it on ramps, etc) late at night for my neighbors sake.

As for looks... well judge for yourself.

I like it a lot myself. It looks... functional, for lack of a better word. I'd love a good dual tip exhaust with more subtle tips that went straight back... but I'm pretty good with this. Reactions from my friends have been polarizing for sure. Some love it, some really hate it, very few don't have an opinion.
Hey man, great detailed write up! That exhaust is a beautifully crafted piece and I think the single exit does looks pretty good.

I have the q300 for the hatch and it's been on my car for about a year. I bought it used and when I first put it on I was in love with it. A little highway drone but I got used to that. But I loved how crisp it was WOT and I got some burbling and cracking and excitement. But after a year I'm starting to grow bored of the sound a little, it's kind of blah now. I get tons of compliments from people driving behind me or standing outside my car, but from the cabin it's a little lacking. Even my passengers like it more than me but they don't hear it everyday. Maybe because I have an intake and lots of drive line bushings now that's adding cockpit noise but I feel like my exhausts needs a bit more. I really love that quad tip look but have also recently been looking at that huge muffler hanging down and realizing that thing is heavy AF. All that to say I'm kind of in the same boat and starting to look around at other exhausts. I would love to hear a sound clip if you are able to post one, if not I can search around youtube. Again nice write up and your car looks great :thumbup:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey man, great detailed write up! That exhaust is a beautifully crafted piece and I think the single exit does looks pretty good.

I have the q300 for the hatch and it's been on my car for about a year. I bought it used and when I first put it on I was in love with it. A little highway drone but I got used to that. But I loved how crisp it was WOT and I got some burbling and cracking and excitement. But after a year I'm starting to grow bored of the sound a little, it's kind of blah now. I get tons of compliments from people driving behind me or standing outside my car, but from the cabin it's a little lacking. Even my passengers like it more than me but they don't hear it everyday. Maybe because I have an intake and lots of drive line bushings now that's adding cockpit noise but I feel like my exhausts needs a bit more. I really love that quad tip look but have also recently been looking at that huge muffler hanging down and realizing that thing is heavy AF. All that to say I'm kind of in the same boat and starting to look around at other exhausts. I would love to hear a sound clip if you are able to post one, if not I can search around youtube. Again nice write up and your car looks great :thumbup:
Thanks!

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly where I was. Most of my friends thought I was kinda crazy for changing it... the Q300 does sound pretty nice from outside the car but honestly inside the car it didn't really sound like a distinct tone to me. More like just noise until WOT, then it gets a crisp tone and sounds sweet. I have an intake and a bit of driveline stuff too and I know what you mean... the whine from the shifter bushings and/or the intake noise was way more distinct than the exhaust note. And honestly, I really couldn't care less what people outside the car thought... the whole point of me buying an exhaust is to put a smile on my face every time I drive the car. If other people like it... that's a nice bonus too.

The other nice thing... not having ground clearance in the rear being like 3 inches from that giant muffler. So nice to be able to get a jack to the rear diff again :wiggles:

I'll try to grab you a sound clip tonight or tomorrow. I probably watched every one of the ones on YouTube before I bought it.. so I definitely understand!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another one of my favorite things I've done to this car...

JL W3 10" subwoofer in an Audio Integrations box. This setup is sweet! I've had pretty big sound systems for quite a few years now... I'm not one of those people who wants a sub "just to fill in the sound". I want to feel it in my chest. :) Paired with a quality 400W JL amp under the passenger seat, this feels great. Got it all wired up with a custom bass control knob in front of the center console.

My 03 WRX had a pretty powerful setup -- 1000W amp, dual voice coil 12" sub with custom ported box -- it hit freaking hard. But it also took up a ton of room and required another sub to fill in the smaller bass notes. I decided to go with a bit smaller setup for this car.

The Audio Integrations box is awesome... compared to my old setup that took up 40% of the trunk space, it practically doesn't take up any room at all. Bolts right to the chassis and has proven to be very secure once mounted right. The mounting hardware that came with it wasn't even enough to hold it in during normal driving... but after upgrading to much burlier screws, it has held up to multiple autoX days. One thing to note is that if you want to take it out... it's quite an involved process and you pretty much have to take everything apart, including the sub. But once it is securely bolted in, I don't see any reason to remove it. I've passed tech multiple times with it in there at AutoX... since it's bolted in I don't think there is any reason I'd get flagged for it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts