ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess technically I am a 3 time Subaru owner...I bought a '90 Legacy wagon when we got here in November, sold that and bought an '04 Impreza Outback...traded that in 3 weeks agon on the '04 WRX I have now...I like Subaru's ALOT now...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alaskan here

I'm from alaska. Just bought a 2002 WRX. Looking to mod it this winter. Not sure where to start. Interested with an up/down pipe. However I'm a little sketchy on a few of the details. Maybe someone can offer some advise or send me to the right webpage.

1) someone I trust who is very qualified on subaru's told me if I change the up-pipe The loss of the catalyst will cause my vehicle to not pass emissions. Any of you alaskans have any details on this?

2) Will it be ok to change the up/down pipe if i havn't tuned or changed the ECU? will it damage my vehicle if I run these pipes without having the ecu compensating for the mods?

Anyways just a few starters maybe someone can give me info or point me in the right direction. Hopefully in the future I can offer some experience and help to others.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1) True....no cat...no pass....also illegal.

2) Not sure, but if its like Honda.....when you change the up/dp just unplug the neg battery. Do the work. Plug it back in. Let the car idle for a while. The ecu should adjust itself.

Finding a parts store here has been hard...I guess its best to order online and do the work yourself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure, online ordering does seem most viable option.. don't think we could get parts anywhere in the AK. That's not too big of an issue.

On the ECU part. Didn't know they would tune themselves.. everything I have been reading indicates needing to switch or have your stock one retuned.

I'm just worried that making mods to the vehicle may damage it because the ecu isn't tuned for the aditional changes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
New here from Alaska. I see alot of you are from Washington in here, are there any from Alaska?
well I'm in alaska now... I was bout to post a new thread for the alaska owners but since you already got this 1 kickin :) my wrx is actually in seattle atm, but i think I've decided to make that my road trip vehicle and will be buying an sti here within the next few months... provided I can find a good 07 for a decent price :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
well I'm in alaska now... I was bout to post a new thread for the alaska owners but since you already got this 1 kickin :) my wrx is actually in seattle atm, but i think I've decided to make that my road trip vehicle and will be buying an sti here within the next few months... provided I can find a good 07 for a decent price :)
and plans change. lol my wr blue 05 wrx with G4M3R as the license plate will be floating around here come the 16thish

·
Registered
19 Posts
From Alaska as well...currently attending UTI down in phoenix, but will be heading home in August. I live in the North Pole/Fairbanks area...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts