ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the free upgrade of the immobiliser I was thinking of getting the Alarm upgrade.

I guess you all have this information now but the Alarm Upgrade is normally $1100 but if you get it with the free immobiliser upgrade it costs only $560.

Just wondering if others have had this upgrade and what is the alarm system like?

thanks

Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Alarm upgrade huh? What more does it have to offer from the standard alarm? I don't see a point really because the WRX is extremely hard to get into, you need much more than a slim jim to unlock the doors. Whatever you do just make sure you don't make your car scream out "Steal me!' and if you do, always park in visible areas and try to park in a garage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alarm

Sounds like the American version gets an alarm system then.

The Australian model just gets the immobiliser.

I have a friend who had the interior removed out of his WRX one night as they are fairly popular, just thought the alarm might be worth having. I realise the WRX as a whole is almost impossible to steal but I didnt want anyone getting in and trying.

What does the standard WRX in the USA have for its alarm system then?

thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
286 Posts
flat04 said:
With the free upgrade of the immobiliser I was thinking of getting the Alarm upgrade.

I guess you all have this information now but the Alarm Upgrade is normally $1100 but if you get it with the free immobiliser upgrade it costs only $560.

Just wondering if others have had this upgrade and what is the alarm system like?

thanks

Andrew
Andrew, forget the full alarm upgrade. Go see (and join) www.groups.yahoo.com. The group is WRX. This is for all australian owners...The owners of MY02's that have the keypad alarm standard hate it...I am thinking twice about cancelling my booking for getting the standard 'free' upgrade.

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts