ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first, new subaru owner! whats up to all?! Having issues with my alarm on my 02,will not disarm and sounds off when ever I do anything,currentlly has a python system,but believe that its the factory security system acting up,does anyone know how to reset this? PLEASE HELP!!!:screwy::confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
There should be a fuse for the alarm? But I would try and figure out what it causing it to go off. I know on my 08 the security light will flash a certain way depending on what tripped the alarm.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Was it like that when you got it? Maybe the aftermarket alarm is wired in poorly?

I would probably remove one or the other system, personally I would remove the aftermarket one.

It could also be that your fob or the receiver is dead.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/11723/pdf/ownerManual/011723_2002_ImprezaWRX/MSA5M0203A_9.pdf

Read the section - you might try Valet mode (open driver's door and hold disarm for >2 sec. which will disable it.

Also, enter the vehicle and leave the driver's door open. Turn the ignition on and off two times. Count the times the light flashes - 1 time = door, 2 = impact sensor, 3 = ignition / battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was it like that when you got it? Maybe the aftermarket alarm is wired in poorly?

I would probably remove one or the other system, personally I would remove the aftermarket one.

It could also be that your fob or the receiver is dead.

http://techinfo.subaru.com/proxy/11723/pdf/ownerManual/011723_2002_ImprezaWRX/MSA5M0203A_9.pdf

Read the section - you might try Valet mode (open driver's door and hold disarm for >2 sec. which will disable it.

Also, enter the vehicle and leave the driver's door open. Turn the ignition on and off two times. Count the times the light flashes - 1 time = door, 2 = impact sensor, 3 = ignition / battery.
Thanks for the feedback guys, will definately look into that link, hope it works nieghbors are lovin me!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts