Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just got my WRX, and i want to see how many WRX owners are located around me. I know my friend charles has one, and so does a dude named mike. Well we should all meet up some time, or even start a Alabama Subaru Club. Ok thanks, by the way, i go by Thai Mike, and i got a Blue 02 WRX, look for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to the club. I live in Tuscaloosa, and would like to visit the dragstrip down there. You need to run your car (if it is broken in)

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I live in Dothan. Were you by anychance on Hwy 84 near Ft. Rucker a couple weeks ago? I passed a 02/03 model WRB rex a while back and we both kinda waved at each other, but I didn't really get a good look at who it was or his plates or antyhing.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey and thanks. Im going to make some fliers or cards to advertise a Club or a meet. Im sure that wasnt me, i just got my car a week ago. The car is broken in, its got 25k miles. I just got to learn to drive it, i keep bogging out when i shift, or take off. My last car was a black MKIII Supra, and it was really easy to drive on, smooth clutch and shifts. This is a bit harder. Wel hey, my email is [email protected] hit me up if you come to montgomery.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey I live in Huntsville, AL and own a Blue\Silver sti. Im sure once osiris sees this he will chime in to as he lives 3 minutes up the road from my house. He has a VERY nice 02' black wrx. Really sweet car. Ya lets all get together sometime for lunch or something.

Robert~

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thats what i was thinking. Maybe we should have a meet down here at the MMP. Hey, be suer to come down November 20 (i think) for import showoff. Big show at MMP. Team ECI and Titan motorsports should be there. If we can all get organized we can set up our own area or booth. I wonder if there is anyone located in the south, like Mobile.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm from B'ham and drive a white rex, she's hawt..would post some pics but I don't have a host to put them up at :(

I know a few guys around here with rex's that would meet up somewhere if you wanted...

-John

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thats cool, want to get a site started? anyone know how to make one? We can all put in to buy a domain. Im in the process of learning to make sites anyways.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am going to Holiday Beach tommorow if anybody is interested. Weather is suppose to be perfect for kicking some V-8 butt. Suppose to be some SRT-4's down there also. If you're interested its exit 97 on I-20. After the exit (from b'ham exit right then turn left, if from ttown exit right and turn right) go about 5 miles and look on your right you can't miss it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Holiday beach? what is that? and where? I know we got one SRT4 in montgomery, i hate those things....too cheap, too fast! They are the new things to hate other than mustang GTs! By the way are they 4G63 powered?

·
Registered
648 Posts
In Florence...got a blue/gold STi.

Can travel for meets.

RN

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh and for domain names....
AlabamaWRXClub
ALAWRX
i cant think of any, but first we got to organized before anything serious like that happens. Alright, keep me in mind if you come to montgomery.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, i want the meets more centered around Montgomery, since it is in the middle of everything. Plus we have MMP. What tracks are their in b'ham, or anywhere else in Alabama? Is their any road courses or dirt tracks? But we might have to make them in B'ham, since more than half of them live there.

·
Registered
111 Posts
TrizzyDizzy said:
Yeah, i want the meets more centered around Montgomery, since it is in the middle of everything. Plus we have MMP. What tracks are their in b'ham, or anywhere else in Alabama? Is their any road courses or dirt tracks? But we might have to make them in B'ham, since more than half of them live there.
I heard there was a really nice/new road (circuit?) track in bham. A friend of mine who owns Van Cleef Racing (Eric Van Cleef) was down there a while back. Had an M3 I believe or a Supra\Celica. He does a lot of professional racing and is a great guy. The only mechanic I trust my car with.

Robert~

Theres also a 1/4 mile track in steele, AL. I've never been but have heard of groups from here going down there.

·
349 Posts
Well, looks like I'm a little late getting in on this thread. I've gone through several ideas for alabma webpages for the impreza. I owned a southeast subaru webpage for while. It was nice..but hard to upkeep it and my www.hsvracing.com site

Huntsville has tons of wrx owners. 4 local STi owners and a few 2.5 RS guys around. We have two local Autox Courses. We also have two local Rallyx areas. We have a 1/8 mile dragstrip.

Steele is a very fast track.... nice track and a pretty fair distance away from both Mont and Hsv.

I can always make a forum opened up in hsvracing for "Southeast Subaru"... I just dont feel like going through and maing another website. Its hard to get people commited to helping out. www.hsvracing.com is enough as it is right now. I have other domain names registered still though. www.turbo-awd.com :)

I'm up for anything... I visit Auburn about once a month and wouldnt mind meeting some people for lunch. I did this about a month ago in B'ham. We had a good little meet...

Cya,

·
Registered
203 Posts
I tried to help biotch..

Osiris said:
Well, looks like I'm a little late getting in on this thread. I've gone through several ideas for alabma webpages for the impreza. I owned a southeast subaru webpage for while. It was nice..but hard to upkeep it and my www.hsvracing.com site

Huntsville has tons of wrx owners. 4 local STi owners and a few 2.5 RS guys around. We have two local Autox Courses. We also have two local Rallyx areas. We have a 1/8 mile dragstrip.

Steele is a very fast track.... nice track and a pretty fair distance away from both Mont and Hsv.

I can always make a forum opened up in hsvracing for "Southeast Subaru"... I just dont feel like going through and maing another website. Its hard to get people commited to helping out. www.hsvracing.com is enough as it is right now. I have other domain names registered still though. www.turbo-awd.com :)

I'm up for anything... I visit Auburn about once a month and wouldnt mind meeting some people for lunch. I did this about a month ago in B'ham. We had a good little meet...

Cya,

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I believe Hunstville is further north, right? So maybe we can have the meets at B'ham. Since its in bewtween most owners, has a track, and majority of owners live there. Does b'ham have a 1/4 dragstrip? Well how about have a meet in about 3 weeks. First weekend of November or so. By then, it should give us enough time. Since the next weekend will be import show off at montgomery. Think we should have it on a sunday? because ive got to work on saturday. I got up to b'ham occasionally for saturday nights, to go to chaos, haha.Any of you heard about chaos, its a club downtown.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts