Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so its been a while since i have asked so maybe someone new has gotten on the board from alabama, I live in huntsville, I know a couple wrx owners around here but none of which i beleive participate in the board. I need to get some clubwrx.net stickers out there for these guys. =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
You're not alone

Sorry but we are south of you around Birmingham. Ever make it to the autox out at the B'ham race course? We go and watch sometimes. We have yet to race our WRX aside from a few quick launches at red lights. It looks like fun but we really can't pay enough to be able to play.

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be happy to take a trip down to birmingham, its really not that far and a pretty fun drive. Plus there is a turbo shop in B'ham that i would like to visit, they work on DSM's and Subarus and some honda hybrid stuff, I beleive its called www.turborepair.com and their name is "turbo specialties" I'll try to make it to a autoX down there some time but my tires are still stock and ive already autox'd on them 2 times, but i'd be glad to come down and watch and chat about the cars =) Cya,

Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
B'ham

Seems to be quit a few on i-club from AL. Was reading a couple posts in the SE Region forum and saw a post about the autox in b'ham and several guys responded. We gotta bring them over to clubwrx.

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B'ham has quiet a few wrx's from what ive come together, I am in the process of making a webpage for the huntsville group...i might just add it be a alabama group if we get to meet up. Wouldnt be hard.. change the name and some file names. I'll post link when its up. Have a couple guys from huntsville that i talked with today that are down with an install party soon..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re:

I pretty much never see any other WRX's around here /cry. I've seen a white one with a carbon fiber hood, gold wheels, and carbon fiber side marker's one saturday night at "nationals". Of course that was before I had my REX and had my Civic SI.

Other then that i've seen and talked to a guy with a silver(believe stock) WRX.

Be sure and post a link when you finish the webpage up!

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually bought my wrx at SERRA in b'ham, they gave me a great deal on it. B'ham has 2 dealers...you'd think you would see more wrx's around :) But oh well, you have anything done to your wrx? I worked on the site a little last night, its all sitting on my computer home directory. I have it up now.. but none of the links work so as soon as its done i'll be sure to give you a heads up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heya

I checked with Serra but the guy was a REAL ass so I went elsewhere. I have an Injen CAI and TurboXS BOF so far. Nothing major but I haven't had the car that long. Next I think I will throw on an exhaust and boost controller. Just enough to kill a certain silver GTi around here that is chipped and exhaust.

Look forward to checking out the page!

·
Registered
5 Posts
none

Hey there are 3 of us now! There are quite a few WRXs around b'ham. Just spread out I guess. I normally see one at least once a week now. ( I for one am glad I don't see them in the numbers that I see mustangs and hondas!) I got my boost guage from Turbo Specialties.

As for the Auto cross here it happensonce a month. Last time I was out there there were 4 WRXs and one RS competing. I think they were all pretty much stock. 1 yellow 2 silver and 1 blue. The RS was a really dark blue color. One of the silver WRXs had a dragon down the length of his car. There was supposed to have been a race just yesterday but I think it was probably rained out. I didn't go. I have spoken to the driver of the white WRX that runs around town with a big wing, carbon fiber hood, 18" wheels and ground effects kit. He is a friend of a friend. I heard the carbon fiber side markers were stolen about a month ago. I don't know him that well. He's a bit younger than me. From what I hear he gets parts wholesale or something. Everyone calls him "H". I really don't know why. None of my business LOL. There was another guy that drove a White Wagon but I haven't seen him in a while.

As for my WRX...Stock everything except for the badges. The one on the grill got knocked of by a ball and it set me on the road of replacing the others and adding STI stickers. For what its worth it looks like the STI WRX on Grand tourismo now LOL. The last WRX I saw was a silver one just like mine that still had the sticker on the window. The guy pulled up to me at a redlight in Homewood and asked me where I got my STI WRX!!!!. I laughed and told him I made it myself!!!. He looked dumb founded and I told him that its just badges and stickers I got online. I was tempted to say my wife is Australian and it was imported by her family or something LOL. I had to tell the truth. He would have figured it out eventually.

JDMCivic, I live around Hueytown but work in Homewood. Never raced a GTi. My biggest opponent so far has been a Modded Camaro SS. I can hold my own halfway thru 2nd gear. after that all I see is him puling away. It was a 5 to 10 mph rolling start so I played into his hands even though I knew I would probably loose anyway. If there is a next time it will be a 4000 clutch slip from a dead stop so I can stay ahead at least until I have to shift ot 3rd. LOL My only other red light adventure consisted of 2 girls in a 240 trying to race me thru the next light. It wasn't much of a race. I won that one easily. Probably wouldn't have even done it had my wife not wanted me to. (Women have egos too LOL)

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Isfast,

I used date a girl that lived in hueytown :) been there a couple times, we used to eat at that subway for lunch ever other week. Sounds like you have a quiet a few wrx's down there too, I really cant wait to get this site up, as of right now all i have is switchable boost control system *sitting right in front of me* boost gauge... a/f gauge *also right in front of me* and a savings account waiting to be emptied again for some rims and TXS turboback...i might have to think of another name for the webpage now that there is quiet a few more wrx's in b'ham. Anyone have any pictures, email them to [email protected] so i can add somewhere to the webpage.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
37 Posts
New Rex owner from Madison

I am a new WRX owner from Madison, Alabama, but I believe we've already met (Sunday afternoon). Thought I'd let you know that I finally made it on here, though. :)

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep Yep, Glad to see you made it to the board! I really wanna have a meet up sometime, i just need to get the forums workign on my site, and then give out the site to a couple of the wrx'rs here in h'ville.. so far it puts us at 6... 4 of which i KNOW for a fact would show up at a local meet if time permitted. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Osiris said:
Yep Yep, Glad to see you made it to the board! I really wanna have a meet up sometime, i just need to get the forums workign on my site, and then give out the site to a couple of the wrx'rs here in h'ville.. so far it puts us at 6... 4 of which i KNOW for a fact would show up at a local meet if time permitted. :D
Well, include me in with those four (if you haven't already). :)

I'd love to get together with everyone and compare notes.

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jedi Rex said:

Well, include me in with those four (if you haven't already). :)

I'd love to get together with everyone and compare notes.
Sounds good, i really want this website functional...i need a good forums layout, and color combination.. im not too happy with how the site is now, but you guys can take a look if you want.. it will look different on different resolution sizes. simply because it has so many different "tabels" with backgrounds colored blue.. only the Gallery and Contact works for now.. i just put it up, will have more coming. I have a couple flash things im working with because i want the site a little more "professional" looking if you know what i mean. Anyone that has any experience is welcome to help out.

www.itzangler.com/se-wrx

this will probably end up being a southeastern club with members from both clubwx and iclub eventually.. but mostely local to where i live for the time being.

Jason

1 - 20 of 33 Posts