Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All that I have read on this mod has said nothing on resetting the ECU. Is that becuase it has a MAF instead of MAP? If I overlooked the portion where it said to do this I appologize for the post. I know with MAP sensors you need to reset the ECU. MAF sensors are always correcting right? I just did the air box mod on my car but I have not ran it yet. Someone please respond to this post soon.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I didn't reset mine when I did it. Had no problems. I did, however, put my silencer back in cause I didn't think it did a whole lot.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i didnt reset mine either. although i did leave mine out, i like being able to hear turbo spool up :D its not that loud unless the radio is down. reseting the ecu could help for best results, but your ecu is smart and will eventually catch up the fuel map.;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
If you rest your ECU you can lose HP. Just install the mod, drive it hard and the ECU will learn the new mod.

I went to Dent Wizard the other day and they disconnected my battery. The car lost power. Now I have to "drive it like its stolen" to get my performance back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for your reply's, I just went with my instincts and didn't reset it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Resetting the ECU doesn't make you lose power always. It will depend on the condition of your car. If it's knocking, you will gain power when you reset while it knocks and re-learns to pull timing back. Don't reset the ECU. It will learn, but depends somewhat on your driving. If you never go WOT in high rpms until you race after a reset, you probably aren't going to be optimized there yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts