ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got an accident this morning I hit the concrete wall on the middle of the highway I was going 60-65mph, lost control and did a 180. I got 3 points of impact and the car is very damaged my question is how come the airbags never deployed I was lucky I wasen't hurt and neither my passenger but things could have been real nasty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didnt had a chance the towing was leaving when I was filling the police report but first point of impact was the front driver side and than the front passenger side and than the rear passenger side all the maintenance on this car was made at my subaru dealer its very odd

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Airbag deployment depends on the rate of deceleration. You failed to meet the minimum rate for deployment so you didn't get a burning hot bag of gas in your face. I'm not sure why you're disappointed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not disapointed just very curious because my car is probably totaled the hood is bend in half and the rear suspension scrapped the hit was very strong if I was going 5 mph faster I would be in the hospital probably even the cops said I was lucky I was not injured

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
Im not disapointed just very curious because my car is probably totaled the hood is bend in half and the rear suspension scrapped the hit was very strong if I was going 5 mph faster I would be in the hospital probably even the cops said I was lucky I was not injured
You are lucky after any accident. The secret is learning to slow down and respect your driving environment.

You're car most likely is totaled. Especially if you tagged 3 corners. That still doesn't mean the bags should have deployed. You need to slow down quick enough for the decelerometer to trigger. Next time try hitting an imovable object head on at that speed to test them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Never try to hit, anything it always hurts. Last time it doesn't.

Don't hit anything, and drive responsible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The weather was nasty the highway icy I didnt anticapte it next time i'll be more carefull and stay in the middle lane

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was in th left lane and my car was slowly going left in the ****ch(melted snow/ice) two of my wheels was in that ****ch I try to go back in my lane but the back of the car spinned out into the middle lane next thing you know my car was facing the traffic and a state trooper was slowing the traffic and my car messed up

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
slush - stuff that is much less entertaining without the ****.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Glad to hear you're alright. Air bags only deploy with certain mechanisms, as stated before. You said you were spinning. That means that even though the first impact was to the front of the car, the actual direction of inertia was not into the front of the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts