Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short Ram or Cold Air? What brand do you recomend? I was looking at the injen cold air intake, but got worried possible flooding, because it is so low to the ground.

·
Registered
763 Posts
dont need cai, by the time the air runs through the turbo its already hot. just go with air volume and get short ram

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought a short ram intake, I haven't installed it yet but I'll tell ya about it when I have it in. Probably this weekend...

·
Registered
779 Posts
I got the AEM Short Ram, sounds nice, feels nice and looks good.:cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
K&N drop in filter coming in for me :p

freakin K&N is out of them for the WRX or something because ive been waiting for almost 3 weeks for autozone to get some in but K&N won't send it

·
Registered
249 Posts
It took me less than 30 minutes to install the Blitz SUS in my car but I had removed the intake silencer earlier, which if it's still in will take an additional 30 minutes. Intake's probably the single easiest thing I installed on my car, anybody can do it even if you've never worked on a car before!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I have the Blitz SUS, and I swear by it. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Shiv from Vishnu is a SMART guy:

...We simply refuse to provide remapped ECUs for cars with aftermarket intakes unless in-house custom dyno tuning is performed. And even then, there is absolutely no benefit (as far as performance goes) of running the intake. But there is an extra hour of tuning free incurred since I have to revise the entire fuel table to compensate for the MAF sensor misreadings that the particular intake induces. Just not worth it unless one must have the sound or the underhood look that the intake provides.

Just my 2c,
shiv

·
Registered
507 Posts
The general consensus is that intakes do more harm than good for our cars. So that said, I'm gonna be removing my short ram intake and putting back my stock intake box.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kira said:
I got the AEM Short Ram, sounds nice, feels nice and looks good.:cool:
AND CARB LEGAL TOO!!
I called today to make sure cause I heard it was pending....they said keep the invoice when I get it and call them in Feb. They will send out the CARB sticker for it.....:D

-freddie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts