ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a little confused, being new to the WRX community and all. I've seen mixed reviews, some saying its better off to just keep the stock air intake vs. a cold air intake or short ram such as a k&n or AEM being better.

So i would appreciate a little clarification? I mean its a cheap mod, (if you even consider that a mod, lol:wiggles:) but if it would help performance hell ill put it on :thumbup:

Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the links:) they both helped a lot.

I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna stick with the stock air intake. I did swap out the cheapo filter for a k&n though

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
A lot of people don't realize that K&N filters don't work as good as stock. K&Ns are notorious for allowing larger particles of debris through and into your engine.:sadwave:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
^...and introducing oil to your MAF, whether the filter is "properly oiled" or not.

Stock or Wix paper filters for me.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
yea, I'm not saying everyone should steer clear of K&N or anything. They're really not that bad. However it has been proven that they allow larger particles through than most filters. It's not really a big deal, but I wouldn't put one on my car.. that's all I'm saying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts