Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been looking a purchasing a 2017 sti which has a stage 3 Cobb along with a full Cobb exhaust. When I look at pictures of the engine, there is no air filter for the hood scoop! Is it easy to get a new one? Should I be worried and back away from the car?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Are you referring to the intercooler? If it’s a stage 3 there’s a chance it may have a FMIC (front mount intercooler). As far as to should you buy it? I would be VERY cautious. Make sure you get a record of who tuned it, what the complete list of parts are and quality of the build etc. it should have a Cobb access port in it and if this seller is honest they should be able to provide you with data logs and get an idea of how it’s running. If you have some free time there’s a lot of great threads that go into extreme detail on stage 3 builds and all the time and effort that go into a quality one. Tuning is HUGE though. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I’ve been looking a purchasing a 2017 sti which has a stage 3 Cobb along with a full Cobb exhaust. When I look at pictures of the engine, there is no air filter for the hood scoop! Is it easy to get a new one? Should I be worried and back away from the car?
Are you talking about a filter in the actual hood scoop? If so, I don't believe Subarus have come . . . or need . . . a filter for the hood scoop. The hood scoop directs air on to the top mounted intercooler to cool. Air for engine combustion comes through the front and should most definitely have a filter.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
Don’t buy the car anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts