Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2017 wrx with sport package, and I've noticed since day 1 that even when the fans are all supposed to be off, I feel air blowing on my feet. Is that normal? Any way to stop that from doing it cause it's annoying in the summer. Thanks!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2017 wrx with sport package, and I've noticed since day 1 that even when the fans are all supposed to be off, I feel air blowing on my feet. Is that normal? Any way to stop that from doing it cause it's annoying in the summer. Thanks!
I've noticed this on my 2017 Limited. I can consistently reproduce it by setting the climate control to "Auto" on a warm day while the air output selector is on mid vent-only. Auto mode causes air to flow through the main mid vents, top (defrost) vent, and footwell vents all at once, in an effort to cool the vehicle efficiently. That much is normal, but when I turn Auto mode off, with A/C on and output on mid vent-only, cold air continues to come out of the footwell vent.

I can stop this behavior by using the right-most knob to select output *other than* mid vent-only. Then, if I turn it back to mid vent only, it works properly, with no output on the floor.

· Registered
33 Posts
With the climate control off, press the recirculate button. This will shut the damper that allows the outside air flow in to the car. Even with everything off, this damper will be open allowing passive airflow unless the recirculate button is activated (the light should be on).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.