ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are agx shocks any good? i don't have a lot of money to spend and the agx seem to get decent reviews but have never talked to anyone who has used them before. anyone out there used them before? if so what kind of springs did you use with them.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,482 Posts
AGX are decent shocks- pluses- price, 4 way rebound/compression adjustments minuses- piston diameter is same as oe, they're not inverted, they currently don't have a wrx specific rear strut. What everyone is selling is the GC8 setup- fronts work fine, the rear (because of the different geometry of the GD vs GC) cause a fair bit of negative camber- as much as 3 or even 4 degrees. Some have used the AGX w/ some success dialing out some of the negative camber w/ camber bolts.

Personally, if I was looking for a cheaper way to upgrade the suspension- I'd look at springs. I feel the WRX in stock form is undersprung (not underdamped) thus springs would give you the most bang for the buck (not counting good tires and a sway bar upgrade). The STi sport spring would be a good match for the oe strut- slight lowering -about 1-1 1/2"(less danger of damaging the strut) and spring rates are not real high ~ 200lbs front, 185 rear.

Just my .02.

Big Sky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts