Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

It still stays settled unless I jab at the wheel, but my nose wallows a hint now and then. It's time for better damping.

I don't want to drop, and I'd like to keep the factory springs.

As far as I can work out, my options are KYB AGX, KYB AGX, or KYB AGX (aha...) if I want firmer damping but stock springs and all other hardware, as the Excels are nearer to factory.

There is also an Australian firm that sells McPhersons intact with springs and dampers fitted but I don't recall their name. Anyone know what I'm talking about and tried them?

I'll leave the tail as is for now; it's not booty shaking and neither my time, nor my wallet, nor my attitude at this point are game for spending any more time under the car than I need to.

So I need a prescription for a firmly damped nose, otherwise stock, bugeye saloon.

TIA and toodles!

·
19,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've not seen them at all in years. I agree with you they seemed an excellent options -- in fact people said they were better than Kayaba because the AGX doesn't like being in a dropped spring much. I'm not dropping but I found that interesting.

·
Æternum
15,864 Posts
Koni inserts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
19,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, I know... You're right. When you're right, you're right. What's wrong is the wallet.

·
Premium Member
12,314 Posts
I actually think the car rides better with some firmer springs. It stays off the bump stops more so you don't get that "bam" every time you hit a seam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts