ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. I was going to go with the invidia DP... but the tuner said he has seen a few more issues with those over some others... just trying to get an idea from everyone.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Interesting...never heard anyone have any trouble with an Invidia DP. What kinda trouble?

I mean a DP is a DP in most cases...you just wanna make sure the build quality is good. Agency Power makes some quality exhaust systems, so I'd think the DP is also of equal quality.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting...never heard anyone have any trouble with an Invidia DP. What kinda trouble?

I mean a DP is a DP in most cases...you just wanna make sure the build quality is good. Agency Power makes some quality exhaust systems, so I'd think the DP is also of equal quality.
It wasn't quality, it was more boost creep issues than with other DP's.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Vivid Racing, the company that makes Agency Power, has had their vendorship revoked on every major Subaru site for a reason. You will never see an AP part on my car...

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
catless is usually where you have the boost creep issues. i have an invidia and im happy with it

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Vivid Racing, the company that makes Agency Power, has had their vendorship revoked on every major Subaru site for a reason. You will never see an AP part on my car...
Ohhh now that I didn't know.

Agency Power sucks. Get something else :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Why has agency power had there vendorship rights revoked? I'm looking for there parts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Why has agency power had there vendorship rights revoked? I'm looking for there parts

Basically, they're rip off scam artists. None of their products are original (that I know of). They do no R&D, just copy what other companies have done. If you read through the review thread on nasioc it's full of customers getting empty boxes, wrong parts, etc, then basically being told to go kick rocks when they complain to customer service.

·
Registered
198 Posts
buddy bought a ap dp and a invidia dp for his 13 sti. short and simple the invidia is on the car...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well. Glad I haven't purchased there parts then. I remember seeing there intakes for sale on eBay when I had an 06 rsx type s. never understood why there intakes were dirt cheap back then. Is Tomei or tsudo any better? Bucky lasek has agency power DP and muffler less catback on his STi .. Not saying he makes a difference but that's what first got me interested in AP exhaust parts for my wrx

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
BigpjiWRX said:
Well. Glad I haven't purchased there parts then. I remember seeing there intakes for sale on eBay when I had an 06 rsx type s. never understood why there intakes were dirt cheap back then. Is Tomei or tsudo any better?
Depends what you are talking about. Tomei headers/uppipe is the same thing sold by multiple other vendors for a lot cheaper...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered a AP Quad tip CBE and just ordered a DP from them to replace the "defective" one from Fast Motorsports. The only problem I had with AP so far was that they sent me the wrong CBE system, but I got that resolved ratehr quickly. I will let you know how they work out after I get everything hooked up right, installed, and tuned.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ordered a AP Quad tip CBE and just ordered a DP from them to replace the "defective" one from Fast Motorsports. The only problem I had with AP so far was that they sent me the wrong CBE system, but I got that resolved ratehr quickly. I will let you know how they work out after I get everything hooked up right, installed, and tuned.
Let me know how it goes. DM me if you want. It's the AP cat less downpipe and muffler less CBE?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ordered the Quad CBE and a catless DP. Here are the links of what I got. I'm getting it protuned this Tuesday. I can then tell you better how it is all working out. I included the links so you can see what I got. MODS: If the links are in violation of the forum policies, I apologize.

Agency Power

Agency Power

·
Registered
47 Posts
Finally got it all installed and protuned. I am a very happy guy! Very good exhaust. Just a tad louder than I expected, but that's probably because I'm running a catless DP as well. They may have ****ty service but they got quality parts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Finally got it all installed and protuned. I am a very happy guy! Very good exhaust. Just a tad louder than I expected, but that's probably because I'm running a catless DP as well. They may have ****ty service but they got quality parts.
haha yeah loudness is expected it's basically straight pipes and that's what I want too !! is it a conservative safe tune or all power?

·
Registered
47 Posts
No Dyno yet. Just the tune, which was just this side of conservative due to the stock TMIC. But that will change soon, doing headers, TMIC, and maybe a CAI next. The tuner said he would ballpart it at 300-305HP/310 Wtq from a virtual dyno, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts