Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 wrx limited and I want to change my current suspension set up. With about 1k as a budget I want a good setup for daily driving as western pa roads kinda suck but i also want adjustable ride height so i can have it lower in the summer but have it close to stock in the winter when the weather gets rough. Coilovers are obviously a good idea but the majority of coilovers have a harsh ride and are set up for track use which I do very little. What would be a good set of coilovers that can be set to a softer ride or anything that could have similar functionality and still offer decent sporting capabilities.
Thank you for your help.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
Not a thing anywhere near that budget. Sorry man.

Your best bet is picking strut and spring combo that gives the performance you want. A coil over is not designed to be lifted and lowered Willy nilly. Every time you adjust the height you have to adjust the alignment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a thing anywhere near that budget. Sorry man.

Your best bet is picking strut and spring combo that gives the performance you want. A coil over is not designed to be lifted and lowered Willy nilly. Every time you adjust the height you have to adjust the alignment.
Is there a set of coilovers that offer softer suspension in that budget. I am ok with fixing the alignment 2 times a year is all the change im looking for. I need to make adjustments anyways since it will be in tandem to me switching out my winter and summer rims

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
I've heard St has a fair option, but I don't know if it's going to be comfortable on the street. You may also be able to get a set of feal 441. If I recall both sets run about 1500. They are really designed for track or auto cross duty and from what I've been told won't last anywhere near as long as a good strut and spring combo. I was told to plan on rebuilding feal 441 about every 10-15k miles depending.

·
Æternum
16,151 Posts
Coilovers are obviously a good idea.
Not obvious to me.

Each time the ride height is adjusted, the suspension will require an alignment. This can get quite pricey to spend $70 twice a year for a suspension alignment... All for what?

What's the reason you want to lower the car if not for track use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coilovers are obviously a good idea.
Not obvious to me.

Each time the ride height is adjusted, the suspension will require an alignment. This can get quite pricey to spend $70 twice a year for a suspension alignment... All for what?

What's the reason you want to lower the car if not for track use?

Not only do I enjoy the look but I do autocross and the main reason the car isnt on the track is because it is my only car at the moment and track use is a little rough on the car. Alignment isnt the issue. I have good friends with the proper shop to have my alignment done whenever want it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,820 Posts
I'd spend extra and get something with a TUV approval. Look at KW, Öhlins.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
With your budget there are thousands of different suspension setups that are way better than any could over in the same price range. Not marginally either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts