Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i was wondering, will putting on a aftermarket head unit and speakers void the warranty? i called my dealer and it seems that no one there can give me a firm answer. What do you guys think? i assume it wouldn't b/c the car is pre-wired and all there is to do is tap into the lines for power. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
There have been numerous threads concerning what constitutes a warranty denial, etc. Pull up a comfortable chair and try a search on 'warranty'.

The short answer is that the installation of an aftermarket stereo, or any thing else for that matter, will not affect the manufacturer warranty of any component or system that it does not directly affect.

If your dealer is just anti-warranty repair work, he is likely to tell you anything. Either find another dealer or file a formal complaint with the SOA Customer Service rep in your region.

Peace,

Curtis

·
Registered
480 Posts
I believe that by asking the dealer a "will X void my warranty" question, it only invites them to say no, maybe, or "I'll check on that." Don't even think about it. If you want a stereo, put it in there.

I have modded cars some in my history, and was never denied legitimate warranty coverage. The deal on warranty coverage is this: Did a malfunction occur because of an aftermarket modification? If so, it isn't covered.

I say relax, put in a nice system, and enjoy it! You'll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts