Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was just wondering, how much of a gain am I looking at if I install a really good aftermarket intercooler along with a boost controller and maybe an uppipe? I'm getting ready to keep up with the STi's and the Evo's that will be stateside soon :) How much will these add to the stock WRX?

-slim

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
be sure to budget for engine management also. you'll be running at least a pound more of boost with the cooler charge, and possibly in the dangerously lean area.

what do you mean by a "Really good" IC? front mount or top mount? bar and plate or fin type? "really good" is "really vague" ;)

otherwise, it's hard to say without knowing which supporting mods you'll have.

instead of thinking of a mod you want, and then wondering how much hp is will give, follow the mod progression that has worked for others, and is documented as successful and safe for the car. typically, the upgraded IC is one of the last things to add, after full exhaust, engine management, uppipe, boost control
and new turbo.

dR

·
1,911 Posts
slimasian said:
Hi guys,

I was just wondering, how much of a gain am I looking at if I install a really good aftermarket intercooler along with a boost controller and maybe an uppipe? I'm getting ready to keep up with the STi's and the Evo's that will be stateside soon :) How much will these add to the stock WRX?

-slim
As Dark Rex pointed out your question is super vague. What mods do you currently have? Unless you have a big turbo, injectors, pump and engine management you're wasting your money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.