ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, when I bought my STi it had a pair of Hella horns mounted behind the grill, and I've seen this done on quite a few other Subys.

Why??? Dose the stock horn suck or something, because the hella's aren't that loud. Maybe I'm missing something...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
It's the 13yr old schoolgirl of horns...

You can't use it and still feel manly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the stocks are fine for bumper to bumper, but at highway speeds they leave something to be desired. Thats why I got the hellas... here in San Antonio I need something to get peoples attention, not a squeaky toy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, well in that case... cool.

I did have to take the guards off and paint them matte black though... my friends kept asking me where the flux-capacitor was mounted :thumbdown

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
I've only used my horn once, that was to honk at a friend in the cross walk.

Most people do em for looks. (like me)

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
People do it for looks I think. I have stock horns, and when I sell my car it will say in the ad "Horn only honked twice both times by accident." Honk here and you'll likely get chased or shot.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
How about a horn like the sirens the OK police have. Actually makes the seats rumble in the other car. :)

Also, if haven't heard the stock impreza horn, ask the dealer for a test next time your there (maybe checking out the 08 sti?)

But, yes, here in Philly we just run you off the road and not bother with horns.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah one of my friends went to UTI in PA... I know all about you PA drivers... lol.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yeah one of my friends went to UTI in PA... I know all about you PA drivers... lol.
I think we're the only city that has a jail and sitting judge in our football stadium... LOL

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
pretty soon we'll have cars where you can download your own horn noise and exhaust sound.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've seen some kind of thing like that already. You could make your Yugo sound like a Ferrari. It was somehow tied to the tach and would change sound with the engine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Does a train horn count I know there illegal in Ca but I mean I have to let everyone around me know the some jerk just cut me off so I have my OEM horn and am currently installing a train horn (my friends el camino has one and you should see people jump)

·
Registered
94 Posts
i just ordered the hellas to mount behind grill,because they have the red cage around them,looks good.
wolf

·
Registered
0 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
It's the 13yr old schoolgirl of horns...

You can't use it and still feel manly.
+1, nothing like getting cut off and letting out a honk which sounds like a limp wristed "if you wouldn’t mind can you please not do that again?"

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
+1, nothing like getting cut off and letting out a honk which sounds like a limp wristed "if you wouldn’t mind can you please not do that again?"
:thumbup: exactly!

I have a pair of Hella Supertones on the way, too. They should look (and sound) awesome with my garnet red pearl paint.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts