ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have googled around a bit and believe I found an answer but I wanted to run it through you guys who have the same car and setup that I have. I just finished installing a 35watt 5000k HID kit from DDM on my 2012 WRX. Looks great, but I just noticed that my passenger light doesn't always start up when I turn on the lights. I do not have them on automatic, which means I manually turn them off and on every time. There is no issue with the driver side light but rather just the passenger. If the light doesn't turn on, I need to turn off and on the lights once or twice and then it will come on. If the car has been running for a while, it will not display this issue.

From what I read, it could be a voltage issue that the HID's are not getting from startup. So I would essentially need to buy a HID wiring harness to always supply the right voltage. What I want to know is if any of you guys are also experiencing this issue with the same setup. If others are, then its safe to say that the ballast is ok and our cars just arent strong enough to supply the proper voltage every time on startup for HID's. However if no one uses a harness, then I think there may be a problem with the ballast. Another question I have is if this is normal for just one of my lights to display this issue as opposed to it alternating between lights if it is a voltage issue. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

tl:dr
1) Do any of you guys running aftermarket HID kits (I use DDM) run into the issue of one of your lights not always turning on when you start the car?
2) Do any of you use the HID wiring harness for your aftermarket HID kits?
3) If the voltage is the issue, is it normal for only one light to display the symptom and not alternate between the two?

Thanks!

·
Registered
205 Posts
You should check the connection. This used to happen in my old car. The right HID wouldn't turn on but the left would. I'd have to turn the lights off and turn them back on a few times for both to be on. The right bulb had a little play while the left didn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts