Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really frustrating, we have one of the coolest cars around
and upgrading it to go faster is a blast. But, if you do anything to it the dealer looks at you and says "Sorry", not stock.
Does anyone know a aftermarket friendly dealer in the PA, NJ,NY or Delaware area?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Metric Subaru in Huntington, NY does aftermarket mods like it's nobody's business. They do all sorts of engine management installs, suspension, exhuast and turbo work. Not sure if they honor warranties 100% after they do it, but it's almost like a cross between a tuning shop and a dealership.

Talk to Trailboss for more details on them, he's worked with them several times.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
Metric Subaru in Huntington, NY does aftermarket mods like it's nobody's business. They do all sorts of engine management installs, suspension, exhuast and turbo work. Not sure if they honor warranties 100% after they do it, but it's almost like a cross between a tuning shop and a dealership.

Talk to Trailboss for more details on them, he's worked with them several times.
Thats where Im buying my wagon from soon. When i had asked the salesman if I can do some minor mods without voiding the warrentee (swaybars, BOV), he said, "Im not supposed to talk about that here in the showroom, but in the back they do some crazy sh1t to the subarus."

I cant wait

:D

·
Registered
474 Posts
hellafastWRX said:
... "Im not supposed to talk about that here in the showroom, but in the back they do some crazy sh1t to the subarus."
That's Classic!

I posted a topic a while back asking this same thing. We need fellow WRX owners to inform the rest of the WRX population, which dealerships cover warranty with a reasonable amount of mods. This way, we can give our money to these dealerships to support them.

Then it needs to be made a STICKY.

Unfortunately, I am unable to contribute. I have heard that there is a dealership in the VA/DC area that offers this kind of service, I just don't know who.

·
Registered
79 Posts
exeter subaru in NH is awsome!!

I live in DC when Im not studying and I had gotten in this accident and this sh1tty dealership here, (fitzgerald subaru) had fixed everything, but when I was driving back home I noticed something wrong with the steering... when I came back to them they IMMEDIATELY said it was because of my aftermarket springs... well... i have no springs, lol! here is the conversation as I remember it:

"you have an aftermarket device that lowers you car, we do not deal with such aftermarket devices"

"um no I don't, you would think I know my mods"

"sorry sir but that aftermarket device is messing up your steering"

"WHICH THING I DONT HAVE ANY SPRINGS"

"please calm down sir, I will show you the device"

"ummm oookaay"

*brings me to the car and points to my Whiteline Anti-Lift kit underneath the car*

"jesus christ you guys are retarded, I'm never coming here again"

"I'm sorry to hear that, but all dealerships will tell you the same"

"so, you cant fix this problem"

"no, that aftermarket device was not designed for your car"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WASNT DESIGNED FOR MY CAR, IF IT WASNT DESIGNED FOR MY CAR WHY THE HELL WOULD I PUT IT ON, ITS A GODAMN ANTILIFT KIT SO MY CAR IS MORE STABLE"

"please calm down sir, that aftermarket was not designed for your car, and that is why you are experiencing problems, we do not work with such devices"

i started cursing and whatnot at the sheer stupidity of their service department , so I left after that

so anyway I live with my little problem and end up going to exeter subaru in NH....

exeter subaru had immediately noticed the problem, they said that the steering problem was caused by improper handling of the control arm when it was repaired. they said the bolts the previous garage (which is fitzgerald) put on did not fit properly so they SAWED OFF the part of the bolt that was sticking out... my god, just writing this out gets me SOOOO PISSED!!!

exeter subaru charged me something like 20 bucks to fix it, and they are awsome.... NEVER go to fitzgerald subaru!!!

-alan :mad:

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
I can vouch for them.

Metric Subaru in Huntington NY, on Jerhico Turnpike/Middle Country Road/Whateverthehelltheycallitoutthere is a very good place.

Ask for Dave Brown.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Trailboss said:

Metric Subaru in Huntington NY, on Jerhico Turnpike/Middle Country Road/Whateverthehelltheycallitoutthere is a very good place.
haha long island road names suck!, also, buzzeds rigjt now, major partyage in centerport:wiggles: :D :wiggles: :barf: :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know a mod-friendly dealer in IL or IN?? There are few subby dealers here to begin with, and most of them arent friendly at all.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Wagner Subaru in Fairborn, Ohio is awesome!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well I wont be much elp but Subaru of jacksonville is failry mod friendly. As long as you dont star tmessing with boost and turbos.

At the last meet the regional service rep basically told us if you **** up your tranny( strips gears etc). No matter if your stock or not your pretty much screwed.

·
Registered
435 Posts
ALOT

guy down here stripped his just 700+ to take it apart and tell him he's screwed. The cheapest replacement aftermarket set is like 1300, and figure another 1000 in install and labor.:eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
last of the hijacking:

im assuming that the tranny is not a wear item and can last the life of the car unless you seriously beat it to sh1t?

-alan

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hmm havent seen it as a "wear" item. But I think God on this board has like 400 hp on the stock tranny with no problem.

But yet some people have broke stock trannies with a stock car.:eek3:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts