Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I really don't mind the stock premium (cloth) seats. They feel nice, the back support isn't terrible (for me), and the side bolsters are definitely there, but not aggressive. that being said, sometimes I feel like my body proportions just don't fit in there. the seat feels like its way too flat and too high.. and even worse, i can't find the right seat distance because either my knees are too close to the steering wheel, or I'm too far away from the firewall to be able to clutch all the way in without lifting one cheek out the seat. Cuz rn, to drive comfortably, I have to lift one ass cheek so I can lock my leg out to start the car. I'm 5'10-11ish, 140lb. also, sometimes the shifter just feels too far too.... I do have a tall torso so idk.

anyways. Anyone tried a cheap-ish bucket seat? Maybe one of these?

Chrono road: https://www.sparcousa.com/product/chrono-road
R100: https://www.sparcousa.com/product/r100

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Same. I am same height and 10lbs heavier. I feel the exact same as you describe with the seating position not being quite right. But I just deal with it. Sorry, can't offer help on different seats but I feel your pain..... in the arse :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same. I am same height and 10lbs heavier. I feel the exact same as you describe with the seating position not being quite right. But I just deal with it. Sorry, can't offer help on different seats but I feel your pain..... in the arse :)
Immediately after I bought my wrx at the dealership, I was doing the butt shuffle, seat and mirror shifting, trying to get everything just right, and I asked the guy at the dealership if I could move the pedals :rotfl: My parent's cars are both automatic and you can change the pedal positions forwards and backwards.

Do you ever miss 5th because you forget to lean your shoulder towards it a tiny bit?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,574 Posts
Is there an airbag in your seat? If there is I'd keep it at all costs.

·
Super Moderator
10,887 Posts
The bucket seats will ride on the factory mounting usually so you’ll have the same issue. They are also typically harder. I wasn’t particularly comfortable in the similar sparcos in a buddies dsm. They are hard and flat, everything that sucks for daily driving

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there an airbag in your seat? If there is I'd keep it at all costs.
I don't think so! its non-powered and the only electrical harness linked to it is for the seatbelt sensor. There is probably a sensor for the airbags in the passenger seat, which I probably wouldn't replace anyways.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bucket seats will ride on the factory mounting usually so you’ll have the same issue. They are also typically harder. I wasn’t particularly comfortable in the similar sparcos in a buddies dsm. They are hard and flat, everything that sucks for daily driving
The cloth seats I have now aren't super soft anyways so maybe I'l consider it. I'd probably have to find somewhere to try the seat in person beforehand. I would assume that they sit lower to the factory rails than the stock seat though.

·
Super Moderator
10,887 Posts
The cloth seats I have now aren't super soft anyways so maybe I'l consider it. I'd probably have to find somewhere to try the seat in person beforehand. I would assume that they sit lower to the factory rails than the stock seat though.
Absolutely sit in them first. Most wont allow return after mounting them

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Immediately after I bought my wrx at the dealership, I was doing the butt shuffle, seat and mirror shifting, trying to get everything just right, and I asked the guy at the dealership if I could move the pedals :rotfl: My parent's cars are both automatic and you can change the pedal positions forwards and backwards.

Do you ever miss 5th because you forget to lean your shoulder towards it a tiny bit?
I usually skip 5th anyway so no misses there. (twice in 54,000 miles ground 2nd a bit) I have the seat up a couple notches so I can reach the pedals; and this also allows reaching the shifter. I just deal with knees almost hitting the dash.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts