Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So myself and friends recently installed a Southbend Stage 2+ On my 2016 Base WRX. After doing so we ran into a few problems, our most recent problem is in my engine rev, it has a strong idle in gear, or in neutral, but if I tap the gas and watch my rpms go up, I hit about 2-3k rpms and it starts backfiring really hard and my rpms fluctuate from 0, almost stalling to about 2, it flickers really hard back and forth, and consistently backfires until it regulates itself back to a normal idle. I have a video but it won’t let me attach it, I’ll be happy to send it to someone who’s interested in seeing. Thanks for any input, I’ll gladly answer questions.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
And you are referring to after fire correct? Not backfire? Backfire is boom in the intake, afterfire is boom in the exhaust.

Did you pull the battery during install? Do you have any other modifications on the car?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And you are referring to after fire correct? Not backfire? Backfire is boom in the intake, afterfire is boom in the exhaust.

Did you pull the battery during install? Do you have any other modifications on the car?
So we did pull the battery, yes. No other mods on the car currently, and then I was referring to the after fire then. It’s popping really loud from my exhaust. Can you pm me? Is that an option? I have a video of what’s happening.

·
Super Moderator
10,897 Posts
It's better to leave it in an open forum where others can read if they have a similar issue.

The clutch shouldn't matter unless perhaps it's rotating mass changed by a great deal, considering it's the stock flywheel I doubt that's the case. Your car could be relearning, although the issue is more when you have tgvs deleted.

Have you checked the coils? Maybe one isn't seated or possibly wiring pulled loose?

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
Check your vacuum lines and intercooler couplers.

Good chance you pulled one loose when you were installing the clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts