ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had the stage 2 for a few months now, and of coarse now i want more.i have done the turbo inlet & crank pully about a month ago, would like a pro tune but am considering a PERRIN tune.i recently heard of "clipping the turbo", and "porting the BOV / waste gate",and have thought about getting a 50/50 BOV.

**what are some of your thoughts, please give forgive me IDK everything about these cars but am tring to learn so dont blast me to hard.

·
Registered
314 Posts
well i had the stage 2 for a few months now, and of coarse now i want more.i have done the turbo inlet & crank pully about a month ago, would like a pro tune but am considering a PERRIN tune.i recently heard of "clipping the turbo", and "porting the BOV / waste gate",and have thought about getting a 50/50 BOV.

**what are some of your thoughts, please give forgive me IDK everything about these cars but am tring to learn so dont blast me to hard.
Id start with a Meth/Water injection system and a protune, that should get you atleast 50 more whp with a good tune ( maybe more ). If thats not enough go for a 20G turbo with all the fixens and be happy with your new beast. just my .02

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah i have looked at the water/meth injection the only problem is that isnt something i feel comfortable doing plus i would need a protune then and the closest protune is mach V in northern va about 4-5 hours away.

how about a bigger top mount? if i do this would i have to change my scoop?

·
Registered
314 Posts
yah i have looked at the water/meth injection the only problem is that isnt something i feel comfortable doing plus i would need a protune then and the closest protune is mach V in northern va about 4-5 hours away.

how about a bigger top mount? if i do this would i have to change my scoop?
Im not sure on the scoop but a bigger top mount would get you a few more ponies, some ppl say that the STi tmic is great mod for wrx's but its still restrictive. honestly id make the drive for the protune especially if you get meth injection, they could really wake that thing up. search up the you tube fpr some meth injection STi's and see what you think.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aight this is a lil side note kinda but im looking into getting some gauges. i looking to get the autometer center pod with some autometer gauges.i would like to get a wideband a/f,oil pressure and EGT.

my issue is what oil pressure should i get mech or electronic? then where would be the easyest place to hook it up?

my second one is on the egt i heard they make two types a clamp on, and a screw in is this true and which is better? and what temp should i get 1600 or 2000?

thanks

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Gauges are good, protune will give you a big power gain and would be worth the cruise.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
I'd recommend looking at either Prospect or STRI for gauges over Autometer...if money isnt an issue get DEFI's.

You'll be driving farther then Mach V as they moved locations and do not have a dyno at this present time. You will probaly be looking at driving to Agile.

I also recommend a ProTune if you think the extra 20-30 hp is going to keep you content for awhile. You can do some minor bolt ons before the tune which might increase your HP/torque after the tune.

If you think a stage 2 ProTuned STI isnt going to be fast enough save for another turbo.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i thought about DEFI but aint big on the whole "system" thing with having to have a control box, kinda wanna stay away from that.

hum didnt know that mach v moved...interesting, well where is agile located? has anyone tried the "protune" from perrin, im wondering if its worth it to get me in the "ballpark"

i would like a bigger turbo but want to get a second vechile before i do that so this is strictly a weekend warrior.and i would like to maximaze all other mods before doing a turbo as well.

would also alike to keep away from the front mount that why im leaning towards a bigger top mount. would a bigger top mount be Sufficient for a bigger turbo?

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
well i thought about DEFI but aint big on the whole "system" thing with having to have a control box, kinda wanna stay away from that.

hum didnt know that mach v moved...interesting, well where is agile located? has anyone tried the "protune" from perrin, im wondering if its worth it to get me in the "ballpark"

i would like a bigger turbo but want to get a second vechile before i do that so this is strictly a weekend warrior.and i would like to maximaze all other mods before doing a turbo as well.

would also alike to keep away from the front mount that why im leaning towards a bigger top mount. would a bigger top mount be Sufficient for a bigger turbo?

Agile is located in Bel Air MD which is like 30 mins outside of Baltimore.

A Perrin ProTune IMHO is an over rated OTS map. Sure they tweak it, I'm sure you log some, and they tweak it some more but without real time changing and knowing the conditions the car is driving in you are getting a finelly tuned generic map.

Depending on the size of the turbo you were planning TMIC's are fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts