ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been wanting to go stage II for a while. Now I have the opportunity to. I stumbled upon a listing for $40. The kid is reverting the car back to stock for sale. He had purchased it on ebay and classified it as an "ebay style pipe". So I assume its a no name component. So my question is, should I be concerned about installing this on my car? It is stainless steel. I have also had many people say " a downpipe is just a pipe". So what are your views on this?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
eBay parts use often use inferior quality metals and can have fitment issues.

Coin toss, IMO. It's $40, so if you're looking to go StageII on the cheap, it's not an amount you should care about losing if it's garbage (if you are concerned about losing $40, you shouldn't be modifying your car).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eBay parts use often use inferior quality metals and can have fitment issues.

Coin toss, IMO. It's $40, so if you're looking to go StageII on the cheap, it's not an amount you should care about losing if it's garbage (if you are concerned about losing $40, you shouldn't be modifying your car).
Yeah thats pretty much the way I looked at it as well. So I will probably go with it unless someone has had experience doing this and strongly urges me not to.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i ran an ebay DP & cbe for 4 years w/o any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts