ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get somthing new. :screwy: Maybe it's because I've been waiting for my dp/up for about a 3 weeks and they are still in cali in customs and it's pissing me off just having a Catback. Just getting bored with it. I was suppose to get a RX7 before I bought this, but the women sold it on me while on vacation. I love nissans and I was looking to get a 300zx TT. But if I really had a choice I want an evo. idk what to do. Someone help remind me why I should stick with my rex.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Don't worry once you go catless your car will turn into a whole new beast. Are you planning on getting an ecu upgrade?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
if your rex is already paid off, then just keep it... there is no sense in taking out another loan, especially for a car like the evo which is'nt "that" different from a rex in this case. Dont put yourself in debt if you dont have to. I got bored with my stock rex real fast also, so I went catless... its makes a large difference and completely changes how the car feels...
also, if you got bored with your rex in a month, you will probably be bored of the EVO within 2 months.. Its a disease.

I just cant get over how crappy it is to drive this transmission... I have had my car for 6 months and it p*sses me off everytime I get in it:mad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love G35s (coupse especially)- but I don't understand how that car always gets mention in STi conversations. It is a completely different car. But I suppose it is simply another car that people are interested in not neccessarily a competitor.

Damn now I gotta go drive one.

AJ

·
Registered
136 Posts
if your bored with it so fast,then you never really had a real passion or love for the rex,even if you put the upipe/dp after a month you ll be bore of that,so you ll have to keep spending tons of money to stay interested.
so y not sell it and buy a nissan if thats where your hearts at.just remember no awd :wiggles:

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Twanz02WRX said:
I love G35s (coupse especially)- but I don't understand how that car always gets mention in STi conversations. It is a completely different car. But I suppose it is simply another car that people are interested in not neccessarily a competitor.

Damn now I gotta go drive one.

AJ
The reason the G35c often gets brought up is because it sits in a similar price range as the STi. Although they completely different cars, many members here get sick of the wrx's/STi's lack of refinement and interior quality. For they money you get a lot with a G35. low 14's, solid handling, RWD, amazing interior, one of the best looking cars on the road, very reliable, incredible Infinity service, etc....
Theres no doubt the STi is the better performer, but for the same price I would much rather sacrifice power and AWD for the customer service, amazing looks; inside and out, and luxury/refinement.

/end rant

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
90 Posts
DTR rex said:
The reason the G35c often gets brought up is because it sits in a similar price range as the STi. Although they completely different cars, many members here get sick of the wrx's/STi's lack of refinement and interior quality. For they money you get a lot with a G35. low 14's, solid handling, RWD, amazing interior, one of the best looking cars on the road, very reliable, incredible Infinity service, etc....
Theres no doubt the STi is the better performer, but for the same price I would much rather sacrifice power and AWD for the customer service, amazing looks; inside and out, and luxury/refinement.

/end rant
Legacy GT? ;)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
brandon are u kidding me?? go cobb stage to like chirs, and u will love ur car again

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I have to jump in and give my input and reassurance. I had an '03 Evo VIII for a little over a week. Like the looks a lot. But after a few short days, the annoyances became apparent. Gearing too short, econo interior, leaky intercooler spray bottle (windshield washer), rough / stiff ride, loads of wind noise, and an engine less smoother than a flat-4. Yes I know, great handling car, expect a rough ride.

Unfortunately, I had my eye on an '04 STi (used) but it was sold relatively fast. Anyway, I bought an '05 WRX. The car had decent power and handling, but like you are experiencing, was not enough. I quickly changed the rims / tires, COBB stage 2, catless turbo back, and K&N and elbow. The car feels great. In fact, much better than the EVO. I believe the WRX's taller gearing works better with the turbo's torque output. To make a long story short, hang in there, wait for the upgrades, and you will enjoy the car's new found power. Don't get me wrong, I like the EVO, but I in my opinion, it's less civilized then the WRX or STi. Oh, I drove all three, the STi will kick the EVO's @ss.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
dcpatters said:
I quickly changed the rims / tires, COBB stage 2, catless turbo back, and K&N and elbow. The car feels great. In fact, much better than the EVO. I believe the WRX's taller gearing works better with the turbo's torque output. To make a long story short, hang in there, wait for the upgrades, and you will enjoy the car's new found power. Don't get me wrong, I like the EVO, but I in my opinion, it's less civilized then the WRX or STi. Oh, I drove all three, the STi will kick the EVO's @ss.
As a Cobb Stage 2 owner, this post brings tears of joy to my eyes :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts