ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back from SEMA and while I was there a stopped buy the AFE booth to discover their new line of washable reusable synthetic media airfilters that are oilless. They were developed specifically from customer complaints centered around MAF fouling from oil type filters. I Currently have a green panel filter that I'm not a huge fan of, so I ordered one up to give it a try.

From there site:

http://www.afefilters.com/IntakeSytemstest.php

OE Replacement Filter with Pro-Dry S
Nissan Cars & Trucks (90-06) V6 ; Subaru (90-99 01-06) Saab (05-06)
  • Oil-free 2-layer synthetic media
  • 100% polyurethane construction will not deteriorate over time to heat or chemical exposure .
  • Washable/reusable media with deepest pleats in the industry.
  • Open consistent pleat distribution for excellent airflow.
  • Progressive bump seal eliminates need for sealing gasket or grease.
Part Number: 31-10010 MSRP: $38.39 UPC: 80295931012 Shipping Weight: 2 lbs Replacement Filter: TBA Install Instructions: PDF File Warranty Info: PDF File Buy Now: Click Here!

Spoke with the salesman and picked up a brochure at the show. Supposedly by vacumming filter with a shop vac you restore 86% of its filtration ability. By washing it in a bucket with dish soap you restore 100%.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They also offer a cold air intake with heat shield for those of you with FMIC's.

Part Number: 51-10802 MSRP: $273.82 UPC: 80295951080 Shipping Weight: 7 lbs Replacement Filter: TBA Install Instructions: PDF File Warranty Info: PDF File Buy Now: Click Here!

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
results??

Is it any better than the stocker? Is there any difference you have seen at all using the AFE filter?
Honestly I haven't checked yet. Its been in there about 7k miles. Car runs great, I have felt 0 loss in performance since installing it so I left it alone. Can't really compare vs stock filter as I ditched it at somewhere around 5k miles when it plugged. Ran a green after that and now the AFE. I'll take some pics tonight and post up what it looks like after 7k miles.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yeah, I found your thread on your switch form the Green filter. I went ahead and ordered one for my WRX and one for our Scion xA. With the cost of the scion air filters this filter will pay for itself in 3 chages (45,000 miles). I wanted a re-usable one, but didn't want to have to worry about the oiling. I've never had issues with K&N, but didn't want to have a first time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i might have to get one of thoes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts